Estimation of Production Functions using Average Data
Agricultural economists rely on aggregated data at various levels depending on data availability and the econometric techniques employed. However, the implication of aggregation on economic relationships remains an open question. To examine the impact of aggregation on estimation, Monte Carlo techniques and data are employed on production practices.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levi, Maurice D, 1973. "Errors in the Variables Bias in the Presence of Correctly Measured Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 985-86, September.
- Chanjin Chung & Harry M. Kaiser, 2002. "Advertising Evaluation and Cross-Sectional Data Aggregation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 800-806.
- Charles Moss, 2000. "Estimation of the Cobb-Douglas with zero input levels: bootstrapping and substitution," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(10), pages 677-679.
- Hyslop, Dean R & Imbens, Guido W, 2001.
"Bias from Classical and Other Forms of Measurement Error,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 475-81, October.
- Dean R. Hyslop & Guido W. Imbens, 2000. "Bias from Classical and Other Forms of Measurement Error," NBER Technical Working Papers 0257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Klepper & Edward E. Leamer, 1982. "Consistent Sets of Estimates," UCLA Economics Working Papers 282, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Bertrand M. Koebel, 2002. "Can Aggregation Across Goods be Achieved by Neglecting The Problem? Property Inheritance and Aggregation Bias," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 223-255, February.
- Stoker, Thomas M, 1993. "Empirical Approaches to the Problem of Aggregation Over Individuals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1827-74, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaso:35401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.