Financing Constraints and Access to Credit in Post Crisis Environment: Evidence from New Farmers in Alabama
We use survey data to study the level of financing constrains faced by new farmers in Alabama post 2008, and identify who got loans. We find that new farmers are financially constrained but not impacted by the crisis. Lending was collateral driven, although lenders also considered profitability and cash flows.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Suresh Sundaresan (ed.), 2008. "Microfinance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13148.
- Hartarska, Valentina M. & Mai, Chi, 2008. "Financing Constraints and the Family Farm: How do Families React?," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6861, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ellinger, Paul N., 2009. "Financial Markets and Agricultural Credit at a Time of Uncertainty," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages -.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis, 2008. "An Impact Analysis of Microfinance in Bosnia and Herzegovina," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2605-2619, December.
- Sean Cleary & Paul Povel & Michael Raith, 2003.
"The U-shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence,"
- Cleary, Sean & Povel, Paul & Raith, Michael, 2007. "The U-Shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 1-39, March.
- Cleary, Sean & Povel, Paul E M & Raith, Michael, 2004. "The U-Shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 4206, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ralph Bierlen & Allen M. Featherstone, 1998. "Fundamental q, Cash Flow, and Investment: Evidence from Farm Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(3), pages 427-435, August.
- Ashok Mishra, 2009. "Factors affecting financial performance of new and beginning farmers," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 69(2), pages 160-179, July.
- Fabio R. Chaddad & Michael L. Cook & Thomas Heckelei, 2005. "Testing for the Presence of Financial Constraints in US Agricultural Cooperatives: An Investment Behaviour Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 385-397.
- Briggeman, Brian C., 2011. "The Role Of Debt In Farmland Ownership," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages -.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Geert Thijssen, 1996. "Farmers' Investment Behavior: An Empirical Assessment of Two Specifications of Expectations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 166-174.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119799. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.