Financing Constraints and Access to Credit in Post Crisis Environment: Evidence from New Farmers in Alabama
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis, 2008. "An Impact Analysis of Microfinance in Bosnia and Herzegovina," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2605-2619, December.
- Briggeman, Brian C., 2011. "The Role Of Debt In Farmland Ownership," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(2).
- Ellinger, Paul N., 2009. "Financial Markets and Agricultural Credit at a Time of Uncertainty," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 24(1).
- Cleary, Sean & Povel, Paul & Raith, Michael, 2007.
"The U-Shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 1-39, March.
- Sean Cleary & Paul Povel & Michael Raith, 2003. "The U-shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence," Finance 0311010, EconWPA.
- Cleary, Sean & Povel, Paul E M & Raith, Michael, 2004. "The U-Shaped Investment Curve: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 4206, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Suresh Sundaresan (ed.), 2008. "Microfinance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13148.
- Geert Thijssen, 1996. "Farmers' Investment Behavior: An Empirical Assessment of Two Specifications of Expectations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 166-174.
- Hartarska, Valentina M. & Mai, Chi, 2008. "Financing Constraints and the Family Farm: How do Families React?," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6861, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Ashok Mishra & Christine Wilson & Robert Williams, 2009. "Factors affecting financial performance of new and beginning farmers," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 69(2), pages 160-179, July.
- Ralph Bierlen & Allen M. Featherstone, 1998. "Fundamental q, Cash Flow, and Investment: Evidence from Farm Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(3), pages 427-435, August.
- Fabio R. Chaddad & Michael L. Cook & Thomas Heckelei, 2005. "Testing for the Presence of Financial Constraints in US Agricultural Cooperatives: An Investment Behaviour Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 385-397.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liang, Lu, 2014. "Federal Crop Insurance and Credit Constraints: Theory and Evidence," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169825, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancing constraints; access to agricultural credit; new farmers; Agricultural Finance; Financial Economics; Risk and Uncertainty; G31; Q12; Q14;
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-02-08 (Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119799. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.