The Effects On Peasant Households Of Access To Formal Deposits And Loans
A dynamic, stochastic, rational expectations model of a peasant household with access to deposits and loans (up to a credit limit) is solved and simulated. If formal contracts offer more favorable rates than informal contracts, then access to formal contracts increases average consumption and decreases its standard deviation.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2120 Fyffe Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210-1099|
Web page: http://www-agecon.ag.ohio-state.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haim Mendelson & Yakov Amihud, 1982. "Optimal Consumption Policy under Uncertain Income," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 683-697, June.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995.
"Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 103-114, Summer.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1727, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Morduch, J., 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Papers 512, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Deaton, Angus, 1992.
" Household Saving in LDCs: Credit Markets, Insurance and Welfare,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 253-273.
- Deaton, A., 1991. "Household Saving in LDC'S: Credit Markets, Insurance, And Welfare," Papers 153, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981. "Optimal Spending and Money Holdings in the Presence of Liquidity Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1559-1570, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ohsesp:28329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.