New Zealand's Preferential Trading Arrangements: Implications for the New Zealand Dairy Industry
This paper discusses the economic implications of the preferential trade agreements that New Zealand is currently negotiating, using a computable general equilibrium modelling framework. The New Zealand dairy industry is a particular focus in the results, which come from the GTAP model produced by Purdue University. Results are discussed from the independent simulations of preferential trade agreements between New Zealand and Korea, New Zealand and India, New Zealand and Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, New Zealand and the Gulf Cooperation Council, and expansion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership to include Australia, Peru, Viet Nam, Malaysia, and the United States of America.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.nzares.org.nz/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kym Anderson, 2005.
"On the Virtues of Multilateral Trade Negotiations,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(255), pages 414-438, December.
- Kym Anderson, 2005. "On the Virtues of Multilateral Trade Negotiations," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-15, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Brockmeier, Martina, 2001. "A Graphical Exposition of the GTAP Model," GTAP Technical Papers 311, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521266550 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alisa DiCaprio, 2010. "US Free Trade Agreements and Policy Flexibility: Will New Rules Hinder Industrialisation?," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(4), pages 387-410, 07.
- Anderson, Kym & Hoekman, Bernard & Strutt, Anna, 2001. "Agriculture and the WTO: Next Steps," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 192-214, May.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish, 2008. "Termites in the Trading System: How Preferential Agreements Undermine Free Trade," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195331653, March.
- Mahinda Siriwardana & Jinmei Yang, 2008. "GTAP Model Analysis of the Economic Effects of an Australia-China FTA: Welfare and Sectoral Aspects," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 341-362.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nzar11:115405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.