Improving water productivity in agriculture in developing economies: in search of new avenues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oweis, T. & Hachum, A. & Kijne, J., 1999. "Water harvesting and supplemental irrigation for improved water use efficiency in dry areas," IWMI Books, Reports H024198, International Water Management Institute.
- Ambast, S.K. & Tyagi, N.K. & Raul, S.K., 2006. "Management of declining groundwater in the Trans Indo-Gangetic Plain (India): Some options," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 279-296, April.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G. M., 2004. "Review of measured crop water productivity values for irrigated wheat, rice, cotton and maize," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 115-133, September.
- Scott, Christopher A. & Silva-Ochoa, Paula, 2001. "Collective action for water harvesting irrigation in the Lerma-Chapala Basin, Mexico:," CAPRi working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Scott, C. A., 2001. "Collective action for water harvesting: irrigation in the Lerma-Chapala basin, Mexico," IWMI Working Papers H028972, International Water Management Institute.
- Kumar, Dinesh M. & Ghosh, Shantanu & Patel, Ankit & Singh, Omprakash & Ravindranath, R., 2006. "Rainwater harvesting in India: some critical issues for basin planning and research," IWMI Research Reports H044538, International Water Management Institute.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & Ghosh, Shantanu & Patel, Ankit & Singh, Om Prakash & Ravindranath, R., 2006. "Rainwater harvesting in India: some critical issues for basin planning and research," Land Use and Water Resources Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Centre for Land Use and Water Resources Research, vol. 6.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Umetsu, Chieko, 2003. "Basinwide water management: a spatial model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh, 2005. "Impact of electricity prices and volumetric water allocation on energy and groundwater demand management:: analysis from Western India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 39-51, January.
- Thobani, Mateen, 1997. "Formal Water Markets: Why, When, and How to Introduce Tradable Water Rights," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 161-179, August.
- Kumar, M. D., 2003. "Food security and sustainable agriculture in India: The water management challenge," IWMI Working Papers H033990, International Water Management Institute.
- Seckler, D., 1996. "The new era of water resources management: from \dry\ to \wet\ water savings," IWMI Research Reports H018206, International Water Management Institute.
- Tsur, Yacov & Dinar, Ariel, 1995. "Efficiency and equity considerations in pricing and allocating irrigation water," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1460, The World Bank.
- Perry, C. J. & Narayanamurthy, S. G., 1998. "Farmer response to rationed and uncertain irrigation supplies," IWMI Research Reports H022447, International Water Management Institute.
- Johansson, Robert C., 2000. "Pricing irrigation water : a literature survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2449, The World Bank.
- Perry, C. J. & Rock, M. & Seckler, D., 1997. "Water as an economic good: a solution, or a problem ?," IWMI Research Reports H021492, International Water Management Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanfo, Safiétou & Barbier, Bruno & Dabiré, Isabelle W.P. & Vlek, Paul L.G. & Fonta, William M. & Ibrahim, Boubacar & Barry, Boubacar, 2017. "Rainfall variability adaptation strategies: An ex-ante assessment of supplemental irrigation from farm ponds in southern Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 80-89.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Productivity; Crop production; Wheat; Cotton; Evapotranspiration; Economic aspects; India; Agribusiness; Crop Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iwmicp:245276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .