Improving water productivity in agriculture in developing economies: in search of new avenues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oweis, T. & Hachum, A. & Kijne, J., 1999. "Water harvesting and supplemental irrigation for improved water use efficiency in dry areas," IWMI Books, Reports H024198, International Water Management Institute.
- Ambast, S.K. & Tyagi, N.K. & Raul, S.K., 2006. "Management of declining groundwater in the Trans Indo-Gangetic Plain (India): Some options," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 279-296, April.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G. M., 2004. "Review of measured crop water productivity values for irrigated wheat, rice, cotton and maize," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 115-133, September.
- Scott, Christopher A. & Silva-Ochoa, Paula, 2001. "Collective action for water harvesting irrigation in the Lerma-Chapala Basin, Mexico:," CAPRi working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Scott, C. A., 2001. "Collective action for water harvesting: irrigation in the Lerma-Chapala basin, Mexico," IWMI Working Papers H028972, International Water Management Institute.
- Kumar, Dinesh M. & Ghosh, Shantanu & Patel, Ankit & Singh, Omprakash & Ravindranath, R., 2006. "Rainwater harvesting in India: some critical issues for basin planning and research," IWMI Research Reports H044538, International Water Management Institute.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & Ghosh, Shantanu & Patel, Ankit & Singh, Om Prakash & Ravindranath, R., 2006. "Rainwater harvesting in India: some critical issues for basin planning and research," Land Use and Water Resources Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Centre for Land Use and Water Resources Research, vol. 6.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Umetsu, Chieko, 2003. "Basinwide water management: a spatial model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh, 2005. "Impact of electricity prices and volumetric water allocation on energy and groundwater demand management:: analysis from Western India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 39-51, January.
- Thobani, Mateen, 1997. "Formal Water Markets: Why, When, and How to Introduce Tradable Water Rights," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 161-179, August.
- Kumar, M. D., 2003. "Food security and sustainable agriculture in India: The water management challenge," IWMI Working Papers H033990, International Water Management Institute.
- Seckler, D., 1996. "The new era of water resources management: from \dry\ to \wet\ water savings," IWMI Research Reports H018206, International Water Management Institute.
- Tsur, Yacov & Dinar, Ariel, 1995. "Efficiency and equity considerations in pricing and allocating irrigation water," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1460, The World Bank.
- Perry, C. J. & Narayanamurthy, S. G., 1998. "Farmer response to rationed and uncertain irrigation supplies," IWMI Research Reports H022447, International Water Management Institute.
- Johansson, Robert C., 2000. "Pricing irrigation water : a literature survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2449, The World Bank.
- Perry, C. J. & Rock, M. & Seckler, D., 1997. "Water as an economic good: a solution, or a problem ?," IWMI Research Reports H021492, International Water Management Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanfo, Safiétou & Barbier, Bruno & Dabiré, Isabelle W.P. & Vlek, Paul L.G. & Fonta, William M. & Ibrahim, Boubacar & Barry, Boubacar, 2017. "Rainfall variability adaptation strategies: An ex-ante assessment of supplemental irrigation from farm ponds in southern Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 80-89.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Productivity; Crop production; Wheat; Cotton; Evapotranspiration; Economic aspects; India; Agribusiness; Crop Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iwmicp:245276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.