The Future of Small Farms in Asia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Keijiro Otsuka & Yanyan Liu & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2013.
"Factor Endowments, Wage Growth, and Changing Food Self-Sufficiency: Evidence from Country-Level Panel Data,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1252-1258.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Liu, Yanyan & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2013. "Factor endowments, wage growth, and changing food self-sufficiency: Evidence from country-level panel data," IFPRI discussion papers 1246, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Yang, Jin & Wang, Shenglin, 2011. "China has reached the Lewis turning point," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 542-554.
- Key, Nigel & Runsten, David, 1999. "Contract Farming, Smallholders, and Rural Development in Latin America: The Organization of Agroprocessing Firms and the Scale of Outgrower Production," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 381-401, February.
- Michael Kevane, 1996. "Agrarian Structure and Agricultural Practice: Typology and Application to Western Sudan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 236-245.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004.
"Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Jin Yang & Zuhui Huang & Xiaobo Zhang & Thomas Reardon, 2013. "The Rapid Rise of Cross-Regional Agricultural Mechanization Services in China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1245-1251.
- Keijiro Otsuka, 2013. "Food insecurity, income inequality, and the changing comparative advantage in world agriculture," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(s1), pages 7-18, November.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Kawagoe, Toshihiko, 1989. "Farm mechanization, scale economies and polarization : The Japanese experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 221-239, October.
- Helfand, Steven M. & Levine, Edward S., 2004.
"Farm size and the determinants of productive efficiency in the Brazilian Center-West,"
Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 241-249, December.
- Helfand, Steven M., 2003. "Farm Size And The Determinants Of Productive Efficiency In The Brazilian Center-West," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25890, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Deininger, Klaus & Byerlee, Derek, 2012.
"The Rise of Large Farms in Land Abundant Countries: Do They Have a Future?,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 701-714.
- Deininger, Klaus & Byerlee, Derek, 2011. "The rise of large farms in land abundant countries : do they have a future ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5588, The World Bank.
- Raghbendra Jha & Puneet Chitkara & Santanu Gupta, 2000. "Productivity, technical and allocative efficiency and farm size in wheat farming in India: a DEA approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 1-5.
- Shingo Kimura & Keijiro Otsuka & Tetsushi Sonobe & Scott Rozelle, 2011. "Efficiency of Land Allocation through Tenancy Markets: Evidence from China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 485-510.
- Scott Rozelle & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2004. "Success and Failure of Reform: Insights from the Transition of Agriculture," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 404-456, June.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Rhodes, Mark J., 1999.
"Some Imperatives of the Green Revolution: Technical Efficiency and Ownership of Inputs in Indian Agriculture,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 57-64, April.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Rhodes, Mark J., 1999. "Some Imperatives Of The Green Revolution: Technical Efficiency And Ownership Of Inputs In Indian Agriculture," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-8, April.
- Bliss, C. J. & Stern, N. H., 1982. "Palanpur: The Economy of an Indian Village," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284192.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1992. "Household Composition, Labor Markets, and Labor Demand: Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 287-322, March.
- Donald F. Larson & Keijiro Otsuka & Tomoya Matsumoto & Talip Kilic, 2014.
"Should African rural development strategies depend on smallholder farms? An exploration of the inverse-productivity hypothesis,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(3), pages 355-367, May.
- Larson, Donald F. & Otsuka, Keijiro & Matsumoto, Tomoya & Kilic, Talip, 2012. "Should African rural development strategies depend on smallholder farms ? an exploration of the inverse productivity hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6190, The World Bank.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-498, June.
- Emmanuel Skoufias, 1995. "Household Resources, Transaction Costs, and Adjustment through Land Tenancy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(1), pages 42-56.
- Yoshimi Kuroda, 1987. "The Production Structure and Demand for Labor in Postwar Japanese Agriculture, 1952–82," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(2), pages 328-337.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Chuma, Hiroyuki & Hayami, Yujiro, 1992. "Land and Labor Contracts in Agrarian Economies: Theories and Facts," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1965-2018, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFarm Management; International Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-PKE-2016-05-08 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2016-05-08 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae15:212721. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.