Farm mechanization, scale economies and polarization : The Japanese experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Kopsidis, Michael, 2005. "The Choice of Technology in Russian Agriculture: An Application of the Induced Innovation Hypothesis," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24652, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Yanyan Liu & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2016. "The future of small farms in Asia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 34(3), pages 441-461, May.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017.
"The roles of agroclimatic similarity and returns on scale in the demand for mechanization: Insights from northern Nigeria,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1692, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2019. "The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns on Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 303020, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Takeshima, H., 2018. "The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns to Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277457, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen, 2018. "Effects of tractor ownership on returns-to-scale in agriculture: Evidence from maize in Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 33-49.
- Otsuka, Keijiro, 2012. "Presidential Address at 27th International Conference of Agricultural Economists, Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil : Food Insecurity, Income Inequality, and the Changing Comparative Advantage in World Agricultur," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 127068, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michael Kopsidis, 2012. "Peasant Agriculture and Economic Growth: The Case of Southeast Europe c. 1870-1940 reinterpreted," Working Papers 0028, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Arimoto, Yutaka, 2011. "The impact of farmland readjustment and consolidation on structural adjustment: The case of Niigata, Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2011-3, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2015. "Drivers of growth in agricultural returns to scale: The hiring in of tractor services in the Terai of Nepal:," IFPRI discussion papers 1476, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Keijiro Otsuka, 2014. "Viability of small-scale farms in Asia," Chapters, in: Raghbendra Jha & Raghav Gaiha & Anil B. Deolalikar (ed.), Handbook on Food, chapter 18, pages 462-481, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kazuo Ogawa, 2020. "Inefficiency in rice production and land use: a panel study of Japanese rice farmers," The Japanese Economic Review, Springer, vol. 71(4), pages 641-669, October.
- Ogawa, Kazuo, 2017. "Inefficiency in Rice Production and Land Use: A Panel Study of Japanese Rice Farmers," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 68, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Walker, Robert & Moran, Emilio & Anselin, Luc, 2000. "Deforestation and Cattle Ranching in the Brazilian Amazon: External Capital and Household Processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 683-699, April.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick Ohene, 2013.
"Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Is specialization in agricultural mechanization a viable business model?,"
GSSP working papers
30, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick, 2013. "Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Is specialization in agricultural mechanization a viable business model?," IFPRI discussion papers 1255, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- OGAWA Kazuo, 2017. "Inefficiency in Rice Production and Land Use: A panel study of Japanese rice farmers," Discussion papers 17020, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:31:y:1989:i:2:p:221-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.