Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Is specialization in agricultural mechanization a viable business model?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick Ohene, 2013. "Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Is specialization in agricultural mechanization a viable business model?," GSSP working papers 30, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Hayami, Yujiro & Kawagoe, Toshihiko, 1989. "Farm mechanization, scale economies and polarization : The Japanese experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 221-239, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Edeh, Hyacinth & Lawal, Akeem & Isiaka, Moshud, 2014. "Tractor owner-operators in Nigeria: Insights from a small survey in Kaduna and Nasarawa states:," IFPRI discussion papers 1355, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gulati, Kajal & Lybbert, Travis J. & Spielman, David J., 2017. "Diffusing to level fields: Evolution of laser land leveling technology markets in India," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258387, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Amagoia Sagasta & José M. Usategui, 2015. "Purchase and rental subsidies in durable-oligopolies," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 213(2), pages 11-40, June.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Chapoto, Anthony, 2015. "Adoption of Farm Mechanization, Cropland Expansion, and Intensification in Ghana," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211744, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Diao, Xinshen & Agandin, John & Fang, Peixun & Justice, Scott E. & Kufoalor, Doreen S. & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2018.
"Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Insights from a recent field study:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1729, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xinshen Diao & Agandin, John & Fang, Peixun & Justice, Scott E. & Kufoalor, Doreen & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2018. "Agricultural Mechanization In Ghana: Insights From A Recent Field Study," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 275679, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Chapoto, Anthony & Asante-Addo, Collins, 2016. "Farm transition and indigenous growth: The rise to medium- and large-scale farming in Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1499, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ghebru, Hosaena & Khan, Huma & Lambrecht, Isabel, 2016. "Perceived land tenure security and rural transformation: Empirical evidence from Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1545, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Aboagye, Patrick Ohene & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2016. "Meeting Ghanaian farmers' demand for a full range of mechanization services:," GSSP policy notes 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Chapoto, Antony, 2014. "The changing landscape of agriculture in Ghana: Drivers of farm mechanization and its impacts on cropland expansion and intensification:," IFPRI discussion papers 1392, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Houssou, Nazaire & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2014. "Mechanization in Ghana: Emerging demand, and the search for alternative supply models," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 168-181.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen & Kolavalli, Shashi, 2014. "Can the private sector lead agricultural mechanization in Ghana?:," GSSP policy notes 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Hyacinth O. Edeh & Akeem O. Lawal & Moshudi A. Isiaka, 2015. "Characteristics of Private-Sector Tractor Service Provisions: Insights from Nigeria," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 53(3), pages 188-217, September.
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural transformation; mechanization; agricultural mechanization; tractor hire; Investment; Government policy; subsidies; Private ownership; Market development; Private sector;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-04-13 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-04-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.