Purchase and rental subsidies in durable-oligopolies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sam Bucovetsky & John Chilton, 1986. "Concurrent Renting and Selling in a Durable-Goods Monopoly under Threat of Entry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 261-275, Summer.
- Chen, Jiawei & Esteban, Susanna & Shum, Matthew, 2010. "Do sales tax credits stimulate the automobile market?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 397-402, July.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick, 2013.
"Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Is specialization in agricultural mechanization a viable business model?,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1255, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick Ohene, 2013. "Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Is specialization in agricultural mechanization a viable business model?," GSSP working papers 30, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hodaka Morita & Michael Waldman, 2004. "Durable Goods, Monopoly Maintenance, and Time Inconsistency," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 273-302, June.
- Goering, Gregory E & Boyce, John R, 1996. "Taxation and Market Power When Products Are Durable," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 83-94, January.
- Carlton, Dennis W & Gertner, Robert, 1989. "Market Power and Mergers in Durable-Good Industries," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 203-226, October.
- Kahn, Charles M, 1986. "The Durable Goods Monopolist and Consistency with Increasing Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 275-294, March.
- Butz, David A, 1990. "Durable-Good Monopoly and Best-Price Provisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1062-1076, December.
- Eric W. Bond & Larry Samuelson, 1984. "Durable Good Monopolies with Rational Expectations and Replacement Sales," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 336-345, Autumn.
- Bulow, Jeremy I, 1982. "Durable-Goods Monopolists," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 314-332, April.
- Jeremy Bulow, 1986. "An Economic Theory of Planned Obsolescence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 729-749.
- Coase, Ronald H, 1972. "Durability and Monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 143-149, April.
- Kim, Jae-Cheol & Kim, Min-Young & Chun, Se-Hak, 2014. "Property tax and its effects on strategic behavior of leasing and selling for a durable-goods monopolist," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 132-144.
- Driskill Robert & Horowitz Andrew W., 2007. "The Pollution Haven Paradox: Can an Effluent Tax Improve both Profits and Welfare?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Larry S. Karp & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 1996.
"The Optimal Suppression of a Low-Cost Technology by a Durable-Good Monopoly,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 346-364, Summer.
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1994. "The optimal suppression of a low-cost technology by a durable-good monopoly," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0q21c15v, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Preyas Desai & Devavrat Purohit, 1998. "Leasing and Selling: Optimal Marketing Strategies for a Durable Goods Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-2), pages 19-34, November.
More about this item
Keywordssubsidies; durable good; oligopoly; interaction between subsidies; cost of subsidies;
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hpe:journl:y:2015:v:213:i:2:p:11-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Belén Miquel Burgos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iefgves.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.