Report NEP-AFR-2013-04-13This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Item repec:fpr:resrep:abdulaijalloh is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Asongu, Simplice A, 2012. "The impact of mobile phone penetration on African inequality," MPRA Paper 46041, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Apr 2013.
- AfDB AfDB, 2013. "Africa and Global Economic Trends Quarterly Review - Fourth Quarter 2012," Africa and Global Economic Trends Quarterly Review 450, African Development Bank.
- Egziabher, Kidanemariam G. & Mathijs, Erik & Deckers, Jozef A. & Gebrehiwot, Kindeya & Bauer, Hans & Maertens, Miet, 2013. "The Economic Impact of a New Rural Extension Approach in Northern Ethiopia," Working Papers 146558, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- PF Blaauw, I Botha, R Schenck and C Schoeman, 2013. "Happy in the Informal Economy? A Case Study of Well-Being Among Day Labourers in South Africa," Working Papers 337, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Johan Fourie & Robert Ross & Russel Viljoen, 2013. "Literacy at South African Mission Stations," Working Papers 06/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Cecilia García-Peñalosa & Maty Konte, 2013. "Why Are Women Less Democratic Than Men? Evidence from Sub-Saharan African Countries," AMSE Working Papers 1319, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Günther, Isabel & Horst, Alexandra & Lüthi, Christoph & Mosler, Hans-Joachim & Niwagaba, Charles B. & Tumwebaze, Innocent K., 2011. "Where do Kampala’s poor “go”? - Urban sanitation conditions in Kampala’s low-income areas," MPRA Paper 45832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tsangyao Chang & Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "The Causal Relationship between House Prices and Economic Growth in the Nine Provinces of South Africa: Evidence from Panel-Granger Causality Tests," Working Papers 201317, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Gersovitz, Mark & Kriger, Norma, 2013. "What is a civil war ? a critical review of its definition and (econometric) consequences," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6397, The World Bank.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick, 2013. "Agricultural mechanization in Ghana: Is specialization in agricultural mechanization a viable business model?," IFPRI discussion papers 1255, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Harari, Mariaflavia & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2013. "Conflict, Climate and Cells: A Disaggregated Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9277, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mapila, Mariam A. T. J. & Kirsten, Johann F. & Meyer, Ferdinand & Kankwamba, Henry, 2013. "A partial equilibrium model of the Malawi maize commodity market:," IFPRI discussion papers 1254, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Günther, Isabel & Niwagaba, Charles B. & Lüthi, Christoph & Horst, Alexandra & Mosler, Hans-Joachim & Tumwebaze, Innocent K., 2012. "When is shared sanitation improved sanitation? - The correlation between number of users and toilet hygiene," MPRA Paper 45830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kneller, Richard & Misch, Florian, 2013. "The effects of public spending composition on firm productivity," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-014, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Philipp Kircher & Cezar Santos & Michele Tertilt, 2013. "An Equilibrium Model of the African HIV/AIDS Epidemic," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 20, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Pauw, Karl & Dorosh, Paul A. & Mazunda, John, 2013. "Exchange rate policy and devaluation in Malawi:," IFPRI discussion papers 1253, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ashraf, Quamrul & Galor, Oded, 2013. "Genetic Diversity and the Origins of Cultural Fragmentation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9306, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Item repec:rwi:repape:0407 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Beaman, Lori & Karlan, Dean S. & Thuysbaert, Bram & Udry, Christopher, 2013. "Profitability of fertilizer: Experimental evidence from female rice farmers in Mali," CEPR Discussion Papers 9340, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ojah Patrick, Ogebe & Joseph Orinya, Ogebe & Kemi, Alewi, 2013. "The Impact of Capital Structure on Firms’ Performance in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 45986, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Apr 2013.
- Filipski, Mateusz & Manning, Dale & Taylor, J. Edward & Diao, Xinshen & Pradesha, Angga, 2013. "Evaluating the local economywide impacts of irrigation projects: Feed the future in Tanzania," IFPRI discussion papers 1247, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zerfu, Elias & Kebede, Sindu W., 2013. "Filling the learning gap in program implementation using participatory monitoring and evaluation: Lessons from farmer field schools in Zanzibar," IFPRI discussion papers 1256, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pina, Gilson M. G., 2013.
"Mudança estrutural e a relação entre os setores em Cabo Verde
[Structural change and the sectoral linkage in Cape Verde]," MPRA Paper 46015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maertens, Miet & Verhofstadt, Ellen, 2012. "Horticultural exports, female wage employment and primary school enrolment: Theory and evidence from Senegal," Working Papers 146519, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.