The Impact of Agricultural Technology Adoption on Poverty: The case of NERICA rice varieties in Benin
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoko Kijima & Keijiro Otsuka & Dick Sserunkuuma, 2008. "Assessing the impact of NERICA on income and poverty in central and western Uganda," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 327-337, May.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2007. "Agricultural technology adoption and poverty reduction: A propensity-score matching analysis for rural Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 372-393, June.
- Imbens, Guido W & Angrist, Joshua D, 1994.
"Identification and Estimation of Local Average Treatment Effects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 467-475, March.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Guido W. Imbens, 1995. "Identification and Estimation of Local Average Treatment Effects," NBER Technical Working Papers 0118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abadie, Alberto, 2003. "Semiparametric instrumental variable estimation of treatment response models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 231-263, April.
- Guido W. Imbens & Donald B. Rubin, 1997. "Estimating Outcome Distributions for Compliers in Instrumental Variables Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 555-574.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kouton-Bognon, B.Y.F. & Adegbola, P.Y. & Arouna, A. & Ahoyo Adjovi, N. & Hessavi, M.P. & Diagne, A., 2016. "Impact de l’utilisation des méthodes améliorées de production sur le statut de pauvreté des riziculteurs dans le pôle rizicole de Glazoué au Centre-Bénin," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249306, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Wanyama, R.N. & Mshenga, Patience M. & Orr, A. & Christie, M.E. & Simtowe, F.P., 2013. "A Gendered Analysis of the Effect of Peanut Value Addition on Household Income in Rongo and Ndhiwa Districts of Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161640, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Dontsop Nguezet, Paul Martin & Diagne, Aliou & Okoruwa, Victor O. & Ojehomon, Vivian E.T., 2012. "Estimation of Actual and Potential Adoption Rates and Determinants of NERICA Rice Varieties in Nigeria," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126069, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nguezet, Paul Martin Dontsop & Diagne, Aliou & Okoruwa, Victor Olusegun & Ojehomon, Vivian, 0. "Impact of Improved Rice Technology (NERICA varieties) on Income and Poverty among Rice Farming Households in Nigeria: A Local Average Treatment Effect (LATE) Approach," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- Nazli, Hina & Orden, David & Sarker, Rakhal & Meilke, Karl D., 2012.
"Bt Cotton Adoption and Wellbeing of Farmers in Pakistan,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
126172, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nazli, Hina & Orden, David & Sarker, Rakhal & Meilke, Karl, 2012. "Bt Cotton adoption and wellbeing of farmers in Pakistan:," PSSP working papers 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bonou, Alice & Diagne, Aliou & Biaou, Gauthier, 2013. "Agricultural technology adoption and rice varietal diversity: A Local Average Treatment Effect (LATE) Approach for rural Benin," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 158482, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Miss Fatima Khatun & Mohammed Ziaul Haider, 2016. "Impact of Technology Adoption on Agricultural Productivity," Journal of Agriculture and Crops, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 2(9), pages 87-93, 09-2016.
- Nakano, Yuko & Kajisa, Kei, 2014. "To What Extent Does the Adoption of Modern Variety Increase Productivity and Income? A Case Study of the Rice Sector in Tanzania," Working Papers 71, JICA Research Institute.
- Wainaina, Priscilla Wairimu & Tongruksawattana, Songporne & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Improved seeds, fertilizer or natural resource management? Evidence from Kenya’s smallholder maize farmers," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182644, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schroeder, Claudia & Zeller, Manfred & Agboh-Noameshie, Afiavi R., 0. "Women, Social Capital and Collective Action â€“ The Case of NERICA Rice Technology in Benin," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 52.
- Diagne, Aliou & Sogbossi, Marie-Josee & Simtowe, Franklin & Diawara, Sekou & Diallo, Abdoulaye Sadio & Barry, Alpha Bacar, 2009. "Estimation of Actual and potential adoption rates and determinants of a new technology not universally known in the population: The case of NERICA rice varieties in Guinea," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51644, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lokossou, Jourdain & Arouna, Aminou & Diagne, Aliou & Biaou, Gauthier, 2015. "Gender differential Impact of NERICA adoption on Total Factor Productivity: evidence from Benin Republic," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212056, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kijima, Yoko & Otsuka, Keijiro & Sserunkuuma, Dick, 2011. "An Inquiry into Constraints on a Green Revolution in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of NERICA Rice in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 77-86, January.
- Mulugeta, Tsegaye & Hundie, Bekele, 2012. "Impacts of Adoption of Improved Wheat Technologies on Households' Food Consumption in Southeastern Ethiopia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126766, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsNERICA; Poverty; Agricultural technology; Impact assessment; Local Average Treatment Effect; Benin; Crop Production/Industries; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; C210; Q160; I390;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae09:51645. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .