The Impact of Agricultural Technology Adoption on Poverty: The case of NERICA rice varieties in Benin
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoko Kijima & Keijiro Otsuka & Dick Sserunkuuma, 2008. "Assessing the impact of NERICA on income and poverty in central and western Uganda," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 327-337, May.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2007. "Agricultural technology adoption and poverty reduction: A propensity-score matching analysis for rural Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 372-393, June.
- Imbens, Guido W & Angrist, Joshua D, 1994.
"Identification and Estimation of Local Average Treatment Effects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 467-475, March.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Guido W. Imbens, 1995. "Identification and Estimation of Local Average Treatment Effects," NBER Technical Working Papers 0118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abadie, Alberto, 2003. "Semiparametric instrumental variable estimation of treatment response models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 231-263, April.
- Guido W. Imbens & Donald B. Rubin, 1997. "Estimating Outcome Distributions for Compliers in Instrumental Variables Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 555-574.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kouton-Bognon, B.Y.F. & Adegbola, P.Y. & Arouna, A. & Ahoyo Adjovi, N. & Hessavi, M.P. & Diagne, A., 2016. "Impact de l’utilisation des méthodes améliorées de production sur le statut de pauvreté des riziculteurs dans le pôle rizicole de Glazoué au Centre-Bénin," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249306, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Wanyama, R.N. & Mshenga, Patience M. & Orr, A. & Christie, M.E. & Simtowe, F.P., 2013. "A Gendered Analysis of the Effect of Peanut Value Addition on Household Income in Rongo and Ndhiwa Districts of Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161640, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Dontsop Nguezet, Paul Martin & Diagne, Aliou & Okoruwa, Victor O. & Ojehomon, Vivian E.T., 2012. "Estimation of Actual and Potential Adoption Rates and Determinants of NERICA Rice Varieties in Nigeria," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126069, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nguezet, Paul Martin Dontsop & Diagne, Aliou & Okoruwa, Victor Olusegun & Ojehomon, Vivian, 0. "Impact of Improved Rice Technology (NERICA varieties) on Income and Poverty among Rice Farming Households in Nigeria: A Local Average Treatment Effect (LATE) Approach," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- Nazli, Hina & Orden, David & Sarker, Rakhal & Meilke, Karl D., 2012.
"Bt Cotton Adoption and Wellbeing of Farmers in Pakistan,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
126172, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nazli, Hina & Orden, David & Sarker, Rakhal & Meilke, Karl, 2012. "Bt Cotton adoption and wellbeing of farmers in Pakistan:," PSSP working papers 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bonou, Alice & Diagne, Aliou & Biaou, Gauthier, 2013. "Agricultural technology adoption and rice varietal diversity: A Local Average Treatment Effect (LATE) Approach for rural Benin," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 158482, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Miss Fatima Khatun & Mohammed Ziaul Haider, 2016. "Impact of Technology Adoption on Agricultural Productivity," Journal of Agriculture and Crops, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 2(9), pages 87-93, 09-2016.
- Nakano, Yuko & Kajisa, Kei, 2014. "To What Extent Does the Adoption of Modern Variety Increase Productivity and Income? A Case Study of the Rice Sector in Tanzania," Working Papers 71, JICA Research Institute.
- Wainaina, Priscilla Wairimu & Tongruksawattana, Songporne & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Improved seeds, fertilizer or natural resource management? Evidence from Kenya’s smallholder maize farmers," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182644, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schroeder, Claudia & Zeller, Manfred & Agboh-Noameshie, Afiavi R., 0. "Women, Social Capital and Collective Action â€“ The Case of NERICA Rice Technology in Benin," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 52.
- Diagne, Aliou & Sogbossi, Marie-Josee & Simtowe, Franklin & Diawara, Sekou & Diallo, Abdoulaye Sadio & Barry, Alpha Bacar, 2009. "Estimation of Actual and potential adoption rates and determinants of a new technology not universally known in the population: The case of NERICA rice varieties in Guinea," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51644, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lokossou, Jourdain & Arouna, Aminou & Diagne, Aliou & Biaou, Gauthier, 2015. "Gender differential Impact of NERICA adoption on Total Factor Productivity: evidence from Benin Republic," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212056, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kijima, Yoko & Otsuka, Keijiro & Sserunkuuma, Dick, 2011. "An Inquiry into Constraints on a Green Revolution in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of NERICA Rice in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 77-86, January.
- Mulugeta, Tsegaye & Hundie, Bekele, 2012. "Impacts of Adoption of Improved Wheat Technologies on Households' Food Consumption in Southeastern Ethiopia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126766, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsNERICA; Poverty; Agricultural technology; Impact assessment; Local Average Treatment Effect; Benin; Crop Production/Industries; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; C210; Q160; I390;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae09:51645. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.