Rice Price Stabilization in Madagascar: Price and Welfare Implications of Variable Tariffs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Minten, Bart, 2005. "Missed opportunities and missing markets: Spatio-temporal arbitrage of rice in Madagascar," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19338, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kherallah, Mylène & Delgado, Christopher L. & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minot, Nicholas & Johnson, Michael, 2002. "Reforming agricultural markets in Africa," Food policy statements 38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Islam, Nurul & Thomas, Saji, 1996. "Foodgrain price stabilization in developing countries," Food policy reviews 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Christopher B. Barrett & Paul A. Dorosh, 1996. "Farmers' Welfare and Changing Food Prices: Nonparametric Evidence from Rice in Madagascar," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 656-669.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maret, Fenohasina, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Madagascar," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper Series 48551, World Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- World Bank, . "Managing Food Price Risks and Instability in an Environment of Market Liberalization," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 8264, March.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Gulati, Ashok & Cummings, Jr., Ralph, 2008. "Grain marketing parastatals in Asia: Why do they have to change now?," IFPRI book chapters, in: Rashid, Shahidur & Gulati, Ashok & Cummings, Jr., Ralph (ed.), From parastatals to private trade: Lessons from Asian agriculture, chapter 2, pages 10-47, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haggblade, Steven & Nielson, Hunter & Govereh, Jones & Dorosh, Paul A., 2008. "Potential Consequences of Intra-Regional Trade in Short-Term Food Security Crises in Southeastern Africa," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55376, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Srinivasan, P. V. & Jha, Shikha, 2001. "Liberalized trade and domestic price stability. The case of rice and wheat in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 417-441, August.
- Dorosh, Paul & Malik, Sohail & Krausova, Marika, 2010. "Rehabilitating agriculture and promoting food security following the 2010 Pakistan floods: Insights from South Asian experience," IFPRI discussion papers 1028, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido, 2016. "Trade, Poverty Eradication, and the Sustainable Development Goals," ADBI Working Papers 629, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Balié, Jean & Valera, Harold Glenn, 2020. "Domestic and international impacts of the rice trade policy reform in the Philippines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C).
- Gómez, Miguel I. & Ricketts, Katie D., 2013. "Food value chain transformations in developing countries: Selected hypotheses on nutritional implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 139-150.
- B Kelsey Jack, "undated". "Market Inefficiencies and the Adoption of Agricultural Technologies in Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 50, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Coulombe, Harold & Wodon, Quentin, 2008. "Assessing the geographic impact of higher food prices in Guinea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4743, The World Bank.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Leblois, Antoine, 2014.
"The Elusive Quest for Supply Response to Cash-Crop Market Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Cotton,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 521-537.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Leblois, Antoine, 2011. "The elusive quest for supply response to cash-crop market reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa : the case of cotton," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5861, The World Bank.
- Claire Delpeuch & Antoine Leblois, 2014. "The Elusive Quest for Supply Response to Cash-Crop Market Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Cotton," Post-Print hal-02974782, HAL.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Robinson, Sherman & Thomas, Marcelle, 2002. "On boxes, contents, and users: Food security and the WTO negotiations," TMD discussion papers 82, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1998. "Immiserized growth in liberalized agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 743-753, May.
- G. Jacoby , Hanan & Dasgupta, Basab, 2014. "Household Exposure to Food Price Shocks in Rural Bangladesh," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 37(1-2), pages 83-100, March-Jun.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2008. "Improving Food Aid: What Reforms Would Yield the Highest Payoff?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1152-1172, July.
- De Gorter, Harry & Tsur, Yacov, 2008.
"Towards a Genuine Sustainability Standard for Biofuel Production,"
14th ICABR Conference, June 16-18, 2010, Ravello, Italy
188419, International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR).
- de Gorter, Harry & Tsur, Yacov, 2009. "Towards a Genuine Sustainability Standard for Biofuel Production," Working Papers 48927, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Gorter, Harry & Tsur, Yacov, 2010. "Towards a Genuine Sustainability Standard for Biofuel Production," 14th ICABR Conference, June 16-18, 2010, Ravello, Italy 188083, International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR).
- Joachim Von Braun, 2005.
"Agricultural economics and distributional effects,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 1-20, January.
- von Braun, Joachim, 2003. "Agricultural Economics and Distributional Effects," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245917, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- James Levinsohn & Margaret McMillan, 2004. "Computational Analysis of the U.S FTAs with Central America, Australia, And Morocco," Working Papers 526, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Sami Bibi & Massa Coulibaly & John Cockburn & Luca Tiberti, 2009. "L'impact de la hausse des prix des produits alimentaires sur la pauvreté des enfants et les reponses politiques au Mali," Papers inwopa09/60, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2015. "The dynamics of smallholder marketing behavior: Explorations using Ugandan and Mozambican panel data:," IFPRI discussion papers 1478, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; International Relations/Trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae06:25478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.