Testing For Efficiency: A Policy Analysis With Probability Distributions
The study evaluates the efficiency of government intervention using a vertical structured model including imperfectly competitive agricultural input markets, the bread grain market, and the imperfectly competitive food industry. To test for policy efficiency the actually observed bread grain policy is compared to a hypothetical efficient policy. To account for the sensitivity of the results in regard to the model parameter values computer-intensive simulation procedures and surface response functions are utilized.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.iaae-agecon.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhao, Xueyan & Griffiths, William E. & Griffith, Garry R. & Mullen, John D., 2000. "Probability distributions for economic surplus changes: the case of technical change in the Australian wool industry," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(1), March.
- Horan, Richard D. & Claassen, Roger & Howe, Lance, 2001. "The Welfare Sensitivity Of Agri-Environmental Instruments," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Salhofer, Klaus & Hofreither, Markus F & Sinabell, Franz, 2000. "Promotion of the Agricultural Sector and Political Power in Austria," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 102(3-4), pages 229-246, March.
- Salhofer, Klaus & Schmid, Erwin, 2004.
"Distributive leakages of agricultural support: some empirical evidence,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Salhofer, Klaus & Schmid, Erwin, 2004. "Distributive leakages of agricultural support: some empirical evidence," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 51-62, January.
- Gardner, Bruce L, 1992. "Changing Economic Perspectives on the Farm Problem," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 62-101, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)