Structural Change In Transitional Agriculture: Evidence From Serbia
The systemic and structural reform of the agribusiness sector in Serbia began following the political changes in 2000, after a decade of isolation and economic disruption. In the meantime, the competitive advantages of Serbian agriculture in comparison with the other countries in the region were lost. Serbia’s path to reform, its dynamic and the achieved results show a strong similarity with the CEECs, but due to differences in resource availability and in initial market conditions there are also differences between the countries. In this paper the main features of structural changes in the Serbian agricultural sector, in comparison with other transition countries in the region, has been described, the basic factors which have contributed to these changes have been identified and explained, and the key consequences of this process and the related aspects have been examined.
|Date of creation:||25 Oct 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balmann, Alfons & Odening, Martin & Weikard, Hans-Peter & Brandes, Wilhelm, 1993.
"Path-Dependence Without Increasing Returns To Scale And Network Externalities,"
13402, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Balmann, Alfons & Odening, Martin & Weikard, Hans-Peter & Brandes, Wilhelm, 1996. "Path-dependence without increasing returns to scale and network externalities," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 159-172, January.
- Klaus Deininger, 2002. "Agrarian reforms in Eastern European countries: lessons from international experience," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 987-1003.
- Scott Rozelle & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2004. "Success and Failure of Reform: Insights from the Transition of Agriculture," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 404-456, June.
- Ellen Goddard & Alfons Weersink & Kevin Chen & Calum G. Turvey, 1993. "Economics of Structural Change in Agriculture," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 41(4), pages 475-489, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa132:139490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.