Advertising Traded Goods
Nerlove and Waugh's theory of cooperative (generic) advertising is extended to include tax shifting, cost sharing, and trade. Comparative-static analysis indicates that trade reduces the incentive to promote in the domestic market, and this is true whether the industry inquestion is a net exporter or a net importer. The theory is applied to California egg advertising to demonstrate utility and to highlight the importance of including trade relationships in advertising benefit-cost studies.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- H. W. Kinnucan, 1996. "A Note On Measuring Returns To Generic Advertising In Interrelated Markets," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 261-267.
- Hui-Shung Chang & Henry W. Kinnucan, 1991. "Economic effects of an advertising excise tax," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 165-173.
- Kinnucan, Henry W., 1997. "Middlemen behaviour and generic advertising rents in competitive interrelated industries," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 41(2), June.
- Goddard, Ellen W. & Conboy, Paula, 1993. "Optimal International Promotion Expenditure for Differentiated Products," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(01), April.
- Kinnucan, Henry W. & Christian, Jason E., 1997. "A Method For Measuring Returns To Nonprice Export Promotion With Application To Almonds," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
- Ferrero, Jennifer L. & Boon, Leen & Kaiser, Harry M. & Forker, Olan D., 1996. "Annotated Bibliography of Generic Commodity Promotion Research," Research Bulletins 122819, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- John D. Jackson, 1997. "Effects of Health Information and Generic Advertising on U.S. Meat Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 13-23.
- Todd M. Schmit & J. Carlos Reberte & Harry M. Kaiser, 1997.
"An economic analysis of generic egg advertising in California, 1985-1995,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 365-373.
- Schmit, Todd M. & Reberte, J. Carlos & Kaiser, Harry M., 1996. "An Economic Analysis of Generic Egg Advertising in California, 1985-1995," Research Bulletins 122834, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.