China’s Regional Agricultural Productivity Growth: Catching Up or Lagging Behind
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan McCunn & Wallace E. Huffman, 2000.
"Convergence in U.S. Productivity Growth for Agriculture: Implications of Interstate Research Spillovers for Funding Agricultural Research,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 370-388.
- McCunn, A. & Huffman, Wallace, 2000. "Convergence in U.S. Productivity Growth for Agriculture: Implications of Interstate Research Spillovers for Funding Agricultural Research," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- McCunn, Alan & Huffman, Wallace E., 2000. "Convergence in U.S. Productivity Growth for Agriculture: Implications of Interstate Research Spillovers for Funding Agricultural Research," ISU General Staff Papers 200005010700001304, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- anonymous, 1995. "Does the bouncing ball lead to economic growth?," Regional Update, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jul, pages 1-2,4-6.
- Chen, Jian & Fleisher, Belton M., 1996. "Regional Income Inequality and Economic Growth in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 141-164, April.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Fleisher, Belton & Li, Haizheng & Zhao, Min Qiang, 2010.
"Human capital, economic growth, and regional inequality in China,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 215-231, July.
- Fleisher, Belton M. & Li, Haizheng & Zhao, Min Qiang, 2007. "Human Capital, Economic Growth, and Regional Inequality in China," IZA Discussion Papers 2703, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fleisher, Belton M. & Li, Haizheng & Zhao, Min Qiang, 2008. "Human Capital, Economic Growth, and Regional Inequality in China," IZA Discussion Papers 3576, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Belton Fleisher & Haizheng Li & Min Qiang Zhao, 2007. "Human Capital, Economic Growth, and Regional Inequality in China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp857, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Belton Fleisher & Haizheng Li & Min-Qiang Zhao, 2009. "Human Capital, Economic Growth, and Regional Inequality in China," Working Papers 09-01, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- McErlean, Seamus & Wu, Ziping, 2003. "Regional agricultural labour productivity convergence in China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 237-252, June.
- Jonathan Temple, 1999. "The New Growth Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 112-156, March.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Furceri, Davide, 2005. "[beta] and [sigma]-convergence: A mathematical relation of causality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 212-215, November.
- John Whalley & Xiliang Zhao, 2010. "The Contribution of Human Capital to China's Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 16592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Subodh Kumar & R. Robert Russell, 2002. "Technological Change, Technological Catch-up, and Capital Deepening: Relative Contributions to Growth and Convergence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 527-548, June.
- Li, Guoping & Zeng, Xianfeng & Zhang, Lizhen, 2008. "Study of Agricultural Productivity and Its Convergence across China's Regions," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(3), pages 361-379.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997. "Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Chen, Anping, 2010. "Reducing China's regional disparities: Is there a growth cost?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 2-13, March.
- V. Eldon Ball & Charles Hallahan & Richard Nehring, 2004. "Convergence of Productivity: An Analysis of the Catch-up Hypothesis within a Panel of States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1315-1321.
- Groenwold, Nicolaas & Lee, Guoping & Chen, Anping, 2008.
"Inter-regional spillovers in China: The importance of common shocks and the definition of the regions,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 32-52, March.
- Nicolaas Groenewold & Guoping Lee & Anping Chen, 2005. "Inter-Regional Spillovers in China: The Importance of Common Shocks and the Definition of Regions," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 05-19, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- V. Ball & Carlos San-Juan-Mesonada & Camilo Ulloa, 2014. "State productivity growth in agriculture: catching-up and the business cycle," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 327-338, December.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Durlauf, Steven N, 1995. "Convergence in International Output," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 97-108, April-Jun.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wang, S.L. & Huang, J. & Wang, X. & Tuan, F., 2018. "Convergence in China's Regional Agricultural Productivity: Catching up or Lagging Behind?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276051, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wang, Sun Ling & Huang, Jikun & Wang, Xiaobing & Tuan, Francis, 2019. "Are China’s regional agricultural productivities converging: How and why?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-1.
- Hao, Yu & Peng, Hui, 2017. "On the convergence in China's provincial per capita energy consumption: New evidence from a spatial econometric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 31-43.
- Stephen Dobson & Carlyn Ramlogan & Eric Strobl, 2006.
"Why Do Rates Of Β‐Convergence Differ? A Meta‐Regression Analysis,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(2), pages 153-173, May.
- DOBSON, Steve & RAMLOGAN, Carlyn & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Why do rates of convergence differ ? A meta-regression analysis," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2003020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ulloa, Camilo A. & Ball, V. Eldon & San Juan, Carlos, 2011. "Agricultural productivity in the United States: catching-up and the business cycle," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1116, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Massimiliano Affinito, 2011. "Convergence clubs, the euro-area rank and the relationship between banking and real convergence," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 809, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Lezheng Liu & Isabel Ruiz, 2006. "Convergence Hypothesis: Evidence from Panel Unit Root Test with Spatial Dependence," Revista Ecos de EconomÃa, Universidad EAFIT, October.
- Eftychia Tsanana & Constantinos Katrakilidis, 2014. "Do Balkan economies catch up with EU? New evidence from panel unit root analysis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 641-662, November.
- Das, Samarjit & Sinha, Gouranga & Mitra, Tushar K., 2010. "Regional convergence of growth, inequality and poverty in India--An empirical study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1054-1060, September.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Economidou, C. & Koetter, M., 2010. "Technology clubs, R&D and growth patterns: Evidence from EU manufacturing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 60-79, January.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lessmann, Christian & Seidel, André, 2017.
"Regional inequality, convergence, and its determinants – A view from outer space,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 110-132.
- Christian Lessmann & André Seidel, 2015. "Regional Inequality, Convergence, and its Determinants - A View from Outer Space," CESifo Working Paper Series 5322, CESifo.
- Leßmann, Christian & Seidel, André, 2016. "Regional Inequality, Convergence, and its Determinants - A View from Outer Space," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145558, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Pei-Chien Lin & Chun-Hung Lin & I-Ling Ho, 2013. "Regional convergence or divergence in China? Evidence from unit root tests with breaks," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(1), pages 223-243, February.
- Middendorf Torge, 2006.
"Human Capital and Economic Growth in OECD Countries,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 226(6), pages 670-686, December.
- Middendorf, Torge, 2005. "Human Capital and Economic Growth in OECD Countries," RWI Discussion Papers 30, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Bohl, Martin T., 1999. "Testing the Long-Run Implications of the Neoclassical Stochastic Growth Model: A Panel-Based Unit Root Investigation for West German Lander, 1970-1994," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 155-164, January.
- Torge Midendorf, 2005. "Human Capital and Economic Growth in OECD Countries," RWI Discussion Papers 0030, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Chi-Keung Lau, 2010. "Convergence Across the United States: Evidence from Panel ESTAR Unit Root Test," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 16(1), pages 52-64, February.
- CHI, Wei, 2008. "The role of human capital in China's economic development: Review and new evidence," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 421-436, September.
- Fischer, Manfred M. & Stirböck, Claudia, 2005. "Regional Income Convergence in Europe, 1995-2000: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," MPRA Paper 77784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lingaraj MALLICK & Pradeep Kumar DAS & Kalandi Charan PRADHAN, 2016. "Impact of educational expenditure on economic growth in major Asian countries: Evidence from econometric analysis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(607), S), pages 173-186, Summer.
- Naddeo, Andreina, 2014. "How crime affects the economy: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 65419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; International Development; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-06-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CNA-2016-06-14 (China)
- NEP-EFF-2016-06-14 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRA-2016-06-14 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea16:235709. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.