The Quality of Price Discovery and the Transition to Electronic Trade: The Case of Cotton Futures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Janzen, Joseph P. & Carter, Colin A. & Smith, Aaron D., 2012. "The Quality of Price Discovery and the Transition to Electronic Trade: The Case of Cotton Futures," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124994, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franke, Gunter & Hess, Dieter, 2000. "Information diffusion in electronic and floor trading," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 455-478, December.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Julieta Frank & Philip Garcia, 2010.
"Bid-Ask Spreads, Volume, and Volatility: Evidence from Livestock Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(1), pages 209-225.
- Frank, Julieta & Garcia, Philip, 2009. "Bid-Ask Spreads, Volume, and Volatility: Evidence from Livestock Markets," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49575, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Martinez, Valeria & Gupta, Paramita & Tse, Yiuman & Kittiakarasakun, Jullavut, 2011. "Electronic versus open outcry trading in agricultural commodities futures markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Thompson, S. & Waller, M.L., 1988. "Determinants Of Liquidity Costs In Commodity Furures Markets," Papers 172, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-746, June.
- Henry Bryant & Michael Haigh, 2004. "Bid-ask spreads in commodity futures markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(13), pages 923-936.
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea12:125024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.