Impact of local public goods on agricultural productivity growth in the U.S
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- V. Eldon Ball & Frank M. Gollop & Alison Kelly-Hawke & Gregory P. Swinand, 1999. "Patterns of State Productivity Growth in the U.S. Farm Sector: Linking State and Aggregate Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 164-179.
- Fuglie, Keith O. & Heisey, Paul W., 2007. "Economic Returns to Public Agricultural Research," Economic Brief 6388, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Alston, Julian M. & Wyatt, T. J. & Pardey, Philip G. & Marra, Michele C. & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2000. "A meta-analysis of rates of return to agricultural R & D: ex pede Herculem?," Research reports 113, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John Mullen, 2007. "Productivity growth and the returns from public investment in R&D in Australian broadacre agriculture," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(4), pages 359-384, December.
- Ahearn, Mary Clare, 2003. "Trends in Extension Resources," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, April.
- Cornes,Richard & Sandler,Todd, 1996. "The Theory of Externalities, Public Goods, and Club Goods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521477185, May.
- Ahearn, Mary Clare & Yee, Jet & Bottum, John S., 2003. "Regional Trends In Extension System Resources," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33787, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Ball, E. & Gopinath, M. & Somwaru, A., 2002. "Public R&D and Infrastructure Policies: Effects on Cost of Midwestern Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10431, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsproductivity; public R&D expenditure; cost function; extension services; Productivity Analysis; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; O3; O4;
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-05-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2009-05-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INO-2009-05-16 (Innovation)
- NEP-PBE-2009-05-16 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .