Impacts of Livestock Operations: A Gaussian Dispersion Hedonic Approach
The paper studies the impacts of livestock facilities on property values, and extends the hedonic housing price models by explicitly modeling the way odor is dispersed in the atmosphere. Using a Gaussian dispersion model of odor, our estimation allows us to separately estimate the environmental effects and other effects, and to evaluate the marginal contributions of livestock facilities depending on their location.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Fritz M. Roka & Tomislav Vukina, 1997. "Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 114-124.
- Trudy Ann Cameron, 2003.
"Directional Heterogeneity in Distance Profiles in Hedonic Property Value Models,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2003-17, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jul 2003.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann, 2006. "Directional heterogeneity in distance profiles in hedonic property value models," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 26-45, January.
- Joseph A. Herriges & Silvia Secchik & JBruce A. Babcock, 2005.
"Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(4).
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Secchi, Silvia & Babcock, Bruce A., 2003. "Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values," Staff General Research Papers 10683, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph A. Herriges & Silvia Secchi & Bruce A. Babcock, 2003. "Living with Hogs in Iowa: The Impact of Livestock Facilities on Rural Residential Property Values," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp342, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 2006. "Property Value Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 763-819 Elsevier.
- Richard C. Ready & Charles W. Abdalla, 2005. "The Amenity and Disamenity Impacts of Agriculture: Estimates from a Hedonic Pricing Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 314-326.
- Abeles-Allison, Mark & Connor, Larry J., 1990. "An Analysis of Local Benefits and Costs of Michigan Hog Operations Experiencing Environmental Conflicts," Agricultural Economic Report Series 201396, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea05:19116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.