Rental Premiums For Share Versus Cash Leases
Non-risk factors primarily determine the probability of paying positive premiums to landowners for bearing greater risk under crop share versus cash leasing arrangements. The trends toward higher cash rent levels on larger farms may indicate that higher cash rent is a bidding strategy to control additional leased acreage and perhaps to avoid management sharing with multiple landlords. Expansion of farm size may be more important than soil productivity in negotiating higher cash rents, due to potential size economies and under utilized machinery investments.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993.
"Risk and Probability Premiums for Cara Utility Function,"
Staff General Research Papers
596, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993. "Risk And Probability Premiums For Cara Utility Functions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Bierlen, Ralph W. & Parsch, Lucas D. & Dixon, Bruce L., 1999. "How Cropland Contract Type And Term Decisions Are Made: Evidence From An Arkansas Tenant Survey," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 2(01).
- Barry, Peter J. & Escalante, Cesar L. & Bard, Sharon K., 2000. "Economic Risk And The Structural Characteristics Of Farm Businesses," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21778, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Allen, Douglas W & Lueck, Dean, 1995. "Risk Preferences and the Economics of Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 447-51, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea02:19684. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.