Fitted Value Function Iteration With Probability One Contractions
This paper studies a value function iteration algorithm that can be applied to almost all stationary dynamic programming problems. Using nonexpansive function approximation and Monte Carlo integration, we develop a randomized fitted Bellman operator and a corresponding algorithm that is globally convergent with probability one. When additional restrictions are imposed, an OP(n-1/2) rate of convergence for Monte Carlo error is obtained.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 6125 3807
Fax: +61 2 6125 0744
Web page: http://rse.anu.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuichiro Waki & Kenichi Fukushima, 2011.
"A polyhederal approximation approach to concave numerical dynamic programming,"
2011 Meeting Papers
689, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fukushima, Kenichi & Waki, Yuichiro, 2013. "A polyhedral approximation approach to concave numerical dynamic programming," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 2322-2335.
- John Stachurski, 2009. "Economic Dynamics: Theory and Computation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262012774, June.
- V. Filipe Martins-da-Rocha & Yiannis Vailakis, 2010.
"Existence and Uniqueness of a Fixed Point for Local Contractions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(3), pages 1127-1141, 05.
- Vailakis, Yiannis & Martins-da-Rocha, Victor Filipe, 2008. "Existence and Uniqueness of a Fixed-Point for Local Contractions," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 677, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Gian Luca Clementi & Hugo Hopenhayn, 2002.
"A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics,"
RCER Working Papers
492, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Gina Luca Clementi & Hugo A Hopenhayn, 2006. "A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 121(1), pages 229-265, 02.
- Gian Luca Clementi & Hugo Hopenhagn, 2004. "A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics," Working Papers 04-25, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gian Luca Clementi & Hugo Hopenhayn, . "A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics," GSIA Working Papers 2002-E9, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Imrohoruglu, Ayse, 1989. "Cost of Business Cycles with Indivisibilities and Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1364-83, December.
- Ábrahám, Árpád & Cárceles-Poveda, Eva, 2010.
"Endogenous trading constraints with incomplete asset markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(3), pages 974-1004, May.
- Eva Carceles Poveda & Arpad Abraham, 2004. "Endogenous Trading Constraints with Incomplete Asset Markets," 2004 Meeting Papers 667, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Michele Boldrin & Jonas D. M. Fisher, 2001.
"Habit Persistence, Asset Returns, and the Business Cycle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 149-166, March.
- Michele Boldrin & Lawrence J. Christiano & Jonas D.M. Fisher, 1999. "Habit persistence, asset returns and the business cycles," Working Paper Series WP-99-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Michele Boldrin & Lawrence J. Christiano & Jonas D. M. Fisher, 2000. "Habit persistence, asset returns and the business cycle," Staff Report 280, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Pijoan-Mas, Josep, 2005.
"Precautionary Savings or Working Longer Hours?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Stachurski, 2008.
"Continuous State Dynamic Programming via Nonexpansive Approximation,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 141-160, March.
- John Stachurski, 2006. "Continuous State Dynamic Programming Via Nonexpansive Approximation," KIER Working Papers 618, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- John Stachurski, 2006. "Continuous State Dynamic Programming via Nonexpansive Approximation," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 961, The University of Melbourne.
- Stockman, Alan C & Tesar, Linda L, 1995.
"Tastes and Technology in a Two-Country Model of the Business Cycle: Explaining International Comovements,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 168-85, March.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1991. "Tastes and technology in a two-country model of the business cycle: explaining international co-movements," Working Paper 9019, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1990. "Tastes and Technology in a Two-Country Model of the Business Cycle: Explaining International Comovements," NBER Working Papers 3566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marimon, Ramon & Scott, Andrew (ed.), 2001. "Computational Methods for the Study of Dynamic Economies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248278, March.
- Juan Pablo RincÛn-Zapatero & Carlos RodrÌguez-Palmero, 2003. "Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions to the Bellman Equation in the Unbounded Case," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1519-1555, 09.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:acb:cbeeco:2011-560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.