Forecasting Financial Market Vulnerability in the U.S.: A Factor Model Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- El-Shagi, M. & Knedlik, T. & von Schweinitz, G., 2013.
"Predicting financial crises: The (statistical) significance of the signals approach,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 76-103.
- El-Shagi, Makram & Knedlik, Tobias & von Schweinitz, Gregor, 2012. "Predicting Financial Crises: The (Statistical) Significance of the Signals Approach," IWH Discussion Papers 3/2012, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Christian B. Mulder & Matthieu Bussière, 1999. "External Vulnerability in Emerging Market Economies; How High Liquidity Can Offset Weak Fundamentals and the Effects of Contagion," IMF Working Papers 99/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Mikhail V. Oet & John M. Dooley & Stephen J. Ong, 2015.
"The Financial Stress Index: Identification of Systemic Risk Conditions,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-25, September.
- Mikhail V. Oet & Ryan Eiben & Timothy Bianco & Dieter Gramlich & Stephen J. Ong, 2011. "The financial stress index: identification of systemic risk conditions," Working Papers (Old Series) 1130, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Christensen, Ian & Li, Fuchun, 2014.
"Predicting financial stress events: A signal extraction approach,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 54-65.
- Ian Christensen & Fuchun Li, 2014. "Predicting Financial Stress Events: A Signal Extraction Approach," Staff Working Papers 14-37, Bank of Canada.
- Miguel Morales & Dairo Estrada, 2010. "A financial stability index for Colombia," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 555-581, October.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Dibooglu, Sel & Kenc, Turalay, 2013. "Measuring financial stress in Turkey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 370-383.
- Kevin L. Kliesen & Douglas C. Smith, 2010. "Measuring financial market stress," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Miroslav Misina & Greg Tkacz, 2009. "Credit, Asset Prices, and Financial Stress," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(4), pages 95-122, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Hyun Hak Kim & Wen Shi, 2015.
"Forecasting Financial Stress Indices in Korea: A Factor Model Approach,"
2015-30, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Wen Shi & Hyun Hak Kim, 2018. "Forecasting Financial Stress Indices in Korea: A Factor Model Approach," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2018-06, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Wen Shi & Hyun Hak Kim, 2016. "Forecasting Financial Stress Indices in Korea: A Factor Model Approach," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2016-10, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Wen Shi & Hyun Hak Kim, 2019. "Forecasting Financial Stress Indices in Korea: A Factor Model Approach," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2019-02, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Kim, Hyeongwoo & Shi, Wen & Kim, Hyun Hak, 2018. "Forecasting Financial Stress Indices in Korea: A Factor Model Approach," MPRA Paper 89768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Stress Index; Method of the Principal Component; Out-of-Sample Forecast; Ratio of Root Mean Square Prediction Error; Diebold-Mariano-West Statistic;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E47 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FOR-2015-04-11 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2015-04-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2015-04-11 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:abn:wpaper:auwp2015-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hyeongwoo Kim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deaubus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.