Some identification problems in the cointegrated vector autoregressive model
An analysis of some identification problems in the cointegrated VAR is given. We give a new criteria for identification by linear restrictions on indi- vidual relations which is equivalent to the rank condition. We compare the asymptotic distribution of the estimators of alpha and beta when they are identified by linear restrictions on alpha and when they are identified by linear restrictions on alpha in which case a component of beta is asymptotically Gaussian. Finally we discuss identification of shocks by introducing the contemporaneous and permanent effect of a shock and the distinction between permanent and transi- tory shocks, which allows one to identify permanent shocks from the long-run variance and transitory shocks from the short-run variance
|Date of creation:||07 Nov 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pesaran, M.H., 1996.
"The Role of Economic Theory in Modelling the Long Run,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9612, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M Hashem, 1997. "The Role of Economic Theory in Modelling the Long Run," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 178-91, January.
- Paruolo, Paolo, 1997.
"Asymptotic Inference on the Moving Average Impact Matrix in Cointegrated 1(1) VAR Systems,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 79-118, February.
- Paruolo, Paolo, 2002. "Asymptotic Inference On The Moving Average Impact Matrix In Cointegrated I (2) Var Systems," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 673-690, June.
- Juselius, Katarina, 2006. "The Cointegrated VAR Model: Methodology and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199285679, December.
- Wickens, Michael R., 1996. "Interpreting cointegrating vectors and common stochastic trends," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 255-271, October.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988.
"The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances,"
NBER Working Papers
2737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Quah, Danny, 1989. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 655-73, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbance," Working papers 497, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Paolo Paruolo, 2006.
"The Likelihood Ratio Test for the Rank of a Cointegration Submatrix,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(s1), pages 921-948, December.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2004. "The likelihood ratio test for the rank of a cointegration submatrix," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf04024, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Identifying restrictions of linear equations with applications to simultaneous equations and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 111-132, September.
- Proietti, Tommaso, 1997. "Short-Run Dynamics in Cointegrated Systems," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(3), pages 405-22, August.
- Paruolo, Paolo, 1997. "Standard Errors for the Long-Run Variance Matrix," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 305-306, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:create:2007-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.