Pride and Patronage - The effect of identity on pay-what-you-want prices at a charitable bookstore
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- Regner, Tobias & Barria, Javier A., 2009.
"Do consumers pay voluntarily? The case of online music,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 395-406, August.
- Tobias Regner & Javier A. Barria, 2007. "Do Consumers Pay Voluntarily? The Case of Online Music," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-011, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Tobias Regner & Javier A. Barria, 2009. "Do Consumers Pay Voluntarily? The Case of Online Music," Post-Print hal-00686341, HAL.
- Daniel J. Benjamin & James J. Choi & A. Joshua Strickland, 2010.
"Social Identity and Preferences,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1913-1928, September.
- Daniel J. Benjamin & James J. Choi & A. Joshua Strickland, 2007. "Social Identity and Preferences," NBER Working Papers 13309, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Benjamin & James Choi & A. Strickland, 2008. "Social Identity and Preferences," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2634, Yale School of Management.
- Riener, Gerhard & Traxler, Christian, 2012. "Norms, moods, and free lunch: Longitudinal evidence on payments from a Pay-What-You-Want restaurant," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 476-483.
- Gary Charness & Luca Rigotti & Aldo Rustichini, 2007. "Individual Behavior and Group Membership," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(4), pages 1340-1352, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthias Greiff & Henrik Egbert, 2016.
"A Survey of the Empirical Evidence on PWYW Pricing,"
Bulgarian Economic Papers (www.bep.bg)
bep-2016-02, St Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration / Center for Economic Theories and Policies, revised Jan 2016.
- Greiff, Matthias & Egbert, Henrik, 2016. "A Survey of the Empirical Evidence on PWYW Pricing," MPRA Paper 68693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthias Greiff & Henrik Egbert, 2016. "A Survey of the Empirical Evidence on PWYW Pricing," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201605, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Schröder, Marina & Lüer, Annemarie & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2015. "Pay-what-you-want or mark-off-your-own-price – A framing effect in customer-selected pricing," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 200-204.
- Samahita, Margaret, 2015. "Pay-What-You-Want in Competition," Working Papers 2015:27, Lund University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsField experiment; Pay-What-You-Want; Charitable contributions; Identity;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2014-01-24 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2014-01-24 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-SOC-2014-01-24 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2014-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .