Report NEP-SOC-2014-01-24This is the archive for NEP-SOC, a report on new working papers in the area of Social Norms & Social Capital. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Roberto Antonietti & Maria Rosaria Ferrante & Riccardo Leoncini, 2014. "Trust your neighbour. Industrial relatedness, social capital and outsourcing," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1403, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jan 2014.
- Benjamin Edelman & Micahel Luca, 2014. "Digital Discrimination: The Case of Airbnb.com," Harvard Business School Working Papers 14-054, Harvard Business School.
- Giacomo Degli Antoni & Gianluca Grimalda, 2013. "Optimistic expectations or other-regarding preferences? Analysing the determinants of trust among association members," Working Papers 2013/21, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Guido de Blasio & Diego Scalise & Paolo Sestito, 2014. "Universalism vs. particularism: a round trip from sociology to economics," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 212, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Guglielmo Barone & Sauro Mocetti, 2014. "Natural disasters, growth and institutions: a tale of two earthquakes," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 949, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Seth Freedman & Ginger Zhe Jin, 2014. "The Information Value of Online Social Networks: Lessons from Peer-to-Peer Lending," NBER Working Papers 19820, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stoyanova, Alexandrina Petrova & Díaz Serrano, Lluís, 2013. "Disentangling the link between health and social capital: A comparison of immigrant and native-born populations in Spain," Working Papers 2072/222194, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Bruno, Bruna & Fiorillo, Damiano, 2014. "Voluntary work and wages," MPRA Paper 52989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katherine Scrivens & Conal Smith, 2013. "Four Interpretations of Social Capital: An Agenda for Measurement," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2013/6, OECD Publishing.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Patacchini, Eleonora & Steinhardt, Max F., 2014. "Migration, Friendship Ties and Cultural Assimilation," IZA Discussion Papers 7881, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Catia Batista & Gaia Narciso, 2014. "Migrant Remittances and Information Flows: Evidence from a Field Experiment," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2014001, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Margherita Comola & Mariapia Mendola, 2013. "The Formation of Migrant Networks," Development Working Papers 353, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Erte Xiao & Daniel Houser, 2014. "Sign Me Up! A Model and Field Experiment on Volunteering," Working Papers 1043, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe & Lloyd-Braga, Teresa & Modesto, Leonor, 2014. "Employment Dynamics and Redistributive Policies under Workers' Social Norms," IZA Discussion Papers 7888, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elsner, Benjamin & Narciso, Gaia & Thijssen, Jacco J. J., 2013. "Migrant Networks and the Spread of Misinformation," IZA Discussion Papers 7863, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christina Gravert, 2014. "Pride and Patronage - The effect of identity on pay-what-you-want prices at a charitable bookstore," Economics Working Papers 2014-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- W. P. Weijland, 2014. "Mathematical Foundations for the Economy of Giving," Papers 1401.4664, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.