Report NEP-SOC-2014-01-24This is the archive for NEP-SOC, a report on new working papers in the area of Social Norms & Social Capital. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Roberto Antonietti & Maria Rosaria Ferrante & Riccardo Leoncini, 2014. "Trust your neighbour. Industrial relatedness, social capital and outsourcing," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1403, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2014.
- Benjamin Edelman & Micahel Luca, 2014. "Digital Discrimination: The Case of Airbnb.com," Harvard Business School Working Papers 14-054, Harvard Business School.
- Giacomo Degli Antoni & Gianluca Grimalda, 2013. "Optimistic expectations or other-regarding preferences? Analysing the determinants of trust among association members," Working Papers 2013/21, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Guido de Blasio & Diego Scalise & Paolo Sestito, 2014. "Universalism vs. particularism: a round trip from sociology to economics," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 212, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Guglielmo Barone & Sauro Mocetti, 2014. "Natural disasters, growth and institutions: a tale of two earthquakes," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 949, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Seth Freedman & Ginger Zhe Jin, 2014. "The Information Value of Online Social Networks: Lessons from Peer-to-Peer Lending," NBER Working Papers 19820, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stoyanova, Alexandrina Petrova & Díaz Serrano, Lluís, 2013. "Disentangling the link between health and social capital: A comparison of immigrant and native-born populations in Spain," Working Papers 2072/222194, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Bruno, Bruna & Fiorillo, Damiano, 2014. "Voluntary work and wages," MPRA Paper 52989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katherine Scrivens & Conal Smith, 2013. "Four Interpretations of Social Capital: An Agenda for Measurement," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2013/6, OECD Publishing.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Patacchini, Eleonora & Steinhardt, Max F., 2014. "Migration, Friendship Ties and Cultural Assimilation," IZA Discussion Papers 7881, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Catia Batista & Gaia Narciso, 2014. "Migrant Remittances and Information Flows: Evidence from a Field Experiment," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2014001, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Margherita Comola & Mariapia Mendola, 2013. "The Formation of Migrant Networks," Development Working Papers 353, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Erte Xiao & Daniel Houser, 2014. "Sign Me Up! A Model and Field Experiment on Volunteering," Working Papers 1043, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe & Lloyd-Braga, Teresa & Modesto, Leonor, 2014. "Employment Dynamics and Redistributive Policies under Workers' Social Norms," IZA Discussion Papers 7888, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elsner, Benjamin & Narciso, Gaia & Thijssen, Jacco J. J., 2013. "Migrant Networks and the Spread of Misinformation," IZA Discussion Papers 7863, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christina Gravert, 2014. "Pride and Patronage - The effect of identity on pay-what-you-want prices at a charitable bookstore," Economics Working Papers 2014-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- W. P. Weijland, 2014. "Mathematical Foundations for the Economy of Giving," Papers 1401.4664, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.