Economic development and regional disparities in France
In: Employment and regional development policy: Market efficiency versus policy intervention
To begin with, we present some features of the regional development in France, insisting on the concentration and specialization phenomena shown by the regional economies. We will see that the territory of France, despite important transformations especially in favour of the South of the country, is still suffering from profound imbalances, particularly between the region of Paris and the province. Then we analyze the issue of disparities of the levels of development and their convergence over the last decades. These disparities are still very strong and do not seem to decrease but very slowly.
|This chapter was published in: Dormard, Serge Employment and regional development policy: Market efficiency versus policy intervention, Verlag der ARL - Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung — Hannover, pages 50-67, 2004.|
|This item is provided by Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung (ARL) - Leibniz-Forum für Raumwissenschaften in its series Studies in Spatial Development: Chapters with number 62289.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.arl-net.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 2013.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Michael Freudenberg & Lionel Fontagné, 1999. "Marché unique et développement des échanges," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 326(1), pages 31-52.
- K.H. Midelfart & H.G. Overman & S.J. Redding & A.J. Venables, 2000. "The location of European industry," European Economy - Economic Papers 142, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe, 2000. "Economic Structure and Local Growth: France, 1984-1993," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 329-355, May.
- Marius Brülhart, 1998. "Trading Places: Industrial Specialization in the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 319-346, 09.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura, 2001. "Regional convergence in the European Union: From hypothesis to the actual trends," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 333-356.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:arlssc:62289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.