Exploring the Dynamic Interdependence among the East Asian Stock Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 2002.
"Financial markets in times of stress,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 451-470, December.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2001. "Financial Markets in Times of Stress," NBER Working Papers 8569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2002. "Financial markets in time of stress," MPRA Paper 13869, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2002. "Financial turmoil: Systemic or regional?," MPRA Paper 13195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert, 2002. "International Asset Allocation With Regime Shifts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1137-1187.
- You, Leyuan & Daigler, Robert T., 2010. "Is international diversification really beneficial?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 163-173, January.
- Gupta, R. & Donleavy, G.D., 2009. "Benefits of diversifying investments into emerging markets with time-varying correlations: An Australian perspective," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 160-177, April.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- Engle, Robert & Colacito, Riccardo, 2006. "Testing and Valuing Dynamic Correlations for Asset Allocation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 238-253, April.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Sheng-Yung Yang, 2005. "A DCC analysis of international stock market correlations: the role of Japan on the Asian Four Tigers," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 89-93, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed & Mensi, Walid & Sensoy, Ahmet & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2019. "Energy, precious metals, and GCC stock markets: Is there any risk spillover?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 45-70.
- Kundu, Srikanta & Sarkar, Nityananda, 2016. "Return and volatility interdependences in up and down markets across developed and emerging countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 297-311.
- Becker, Christoph & Schmidt, Wolfgang M., 2015. "How past market movements affect correlation and volatility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 78-107.
- Berens, Tobias & Weiß, Gregor N.F. & Wied, Dominik, 2015. "Testing for structural breaks in correlations: Does it improve Value-at-Risk forecasting?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 135-152.
- L. Bauwens & E. Otranto, 2013.
"Modeling the Dependence of Conditional Correlations on Volatility,"
Working Paper CRENoS
201304, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- BAUWENS, Luc & otranto, EDOARDO, 2013. "Modeling the dependence of conditional correlations on volatility," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2013014, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2010. "Economic Factors Contributing to Time-Varying Conditional Correlations in Stock Returns," MPRA Paper 28391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David McMillan & Isabel Ruiz & Alan Speight, 2010. "Correlations and spillovers among three euro rates: evidence using realised variance," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(8), pages 753-767.
- Rakesh Gupta & Junhao Yang & Thadavillil Jithendranathan, 2017. "Diversification into Emerging Markets – An Australian and the US Perspective Using a Time-varying Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 134-162, June.
- Hyde, Stuart J & Bredin, Don P & Nguyen, Nghia, 2007. "Correlation dynamics between Asia-Pacific, EU and US stock returns," MPRA Paper 9681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Christoffersen, Peter F. & Diebold, Francis X., 2013.
"Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Finance, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1127-1220,
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2011. "Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-037, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2012. "Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management," NBER Working Papers 18084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2011. "Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management," CREATES Research Papers 2011-37, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Gupta, Rakesh & Guidi, Francesco, 2012.
"Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 10-22.
- Guidi, Francesco, 2010. "Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets," MPRA Paper 19853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gupta, Rakesh & Guidi, Francesco, 2011. "Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7277, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Troster, Victor & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2019. "Directional spillover effects between ASEAN and world stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 52.
- Cerrato, Mario & Crosby, John & Kim, Minjoo & Zhao, Yang, 2015. "US Monetary and Fiscal Policies - Conflict or Cooperation?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-78, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Martin Hoesli & Kustrim Reka, 2013.
"Volatility Spillovers, Comovements and Contagion in Securitized Real Estate Markets,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 1-35, July.
- Martin Hoesli & Kustrim Reka, 2011. "Volatility Spillovers, Comovements and Contagion in Securitized Real Estate Markets," ERES eres2011_63, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Ahmad, Wasim & Sehgal, Sanjay & Bhanumurthy, N.R., 2013. "Eurozone crisis and BRIICKS stock markets: Contagion or market interdependence?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 209-225.
- Yildirim, Ramazan & Masih, Mansur, 2018. "Investigating International Portfolio Diversification Opportunities for the Asian Islamic Stock Market Investors," MPRA Paper 90281, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nektarios Aslanidis & Christos S. Savva, 2011. "Are There Still Portfolio Diversification Benefits In Eastern Europe? Aggregate Versus Sectoral Stock Market Data," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(6), pages 1323-1352, December.
- Chia-Hao Lee & Pei-I Chou, 2012. "Trading Activity and Financial Market Integration," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 589-616, August.
- Kahl, Douglas R. & Stevens, Jerry L., 2009. "Ex ante performance from ex post models of global equity market correlations," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 248-259.
- Luis V. Bejarano-Bejarano & Jose E. Gomez-Gonzalez & Luis F. Melo-Velandia & Jhon E. Torres-Gorron, 2015. "Financial Contagion in Latin America," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 012820, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial interdependence; East Asian Economies; DCC-GARCH;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tkp:tiim13:s2_257-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik). General contact details of provider: http://www.toknowpress.net/conferences .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.