Exchange Rates and U.S. Auto Competitiveness
In: Misalignment of Exchange Rates: Effects on Trade and Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1984. "Voluntary Export Restraint in U.S. Autos, 1980-81: Quality, Employment, and Welfare Effects," NBER Chapters,in: The Structure and Evolution of Recent U.S. Trade Policy, pages 35-66 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Martin Feldstein, 1987. "How Far Has the Dollar Fallen?," NBER Working Papers 2122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael F. Bryan & Owen F. Humpage, 1984. "Voluntary export restraints: the cost of building walls," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Sum, pages 17-37.
- Jack L. Hervey & William A. Strauss, 1987. "The new dollar indexes are no different from the old ones," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jul, pages 3-22.
- William H. Branson & James P. Love, 1986. "Dollar Appreciation and Manufacturing Employment and Output," NBER Working Papers 1972, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael T. Belongia, 1986. "Estimating exchange rate effects on exports: a cautionary note," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 5-16.
- Gomez-Ibanez, Jose A & Harrison, David, Jr, 1982. "Imports and the Future of the U.S. Automobile Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 319-323, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas Nelson, 1996.
"The Political Economy of U.S. Automobile Protection,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Political Economy of American Trade Policy, pages 133-196
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas R. Nelson, 1994. "The Political-Economy of U.S. Automobile Protection," NBER Working Papers 4746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:8060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .