Requiescat in Pace? The Consequences of High-Priced Funerals in South Africa
In: Explorations in the Economics of Aging
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anne Case & Alicia Menendez, 2009. "Requiescat in Pace? The Consequences of High Priced Funerals in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 14998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2008. "How High Are Rates of Return to Fertilizer? Evidence from Field Experiments in Kenya," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 482-488, May.
- Anne Case & Anu Garrib & Alicia Menendez & Analia Olgiati, 2013.
"Paying the Piper: The High Cost of Funerals in South Africa,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 1-20.
- Anne Case & Anu Garrib & Alicia Menendez & Analia Olgiati, 2008. "Paying the Piper: The High Cost of Funerals in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 14456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Veni Naidu & Geoff Harris, 2005. "The Impact Of Hiv/Aids Morbidity And Mortality On Households - A Review Of Household Studies," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 73(s1), pages 533-544, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Canofari Paolo & Marini Giancarlo & Scaramozzino Pasquale, 2014. "To sleep, perchance to dream: Prices for burial spaces in US states," wp.comunite 0114, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:638-645 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Robinson & Ethan Yeh, 2012.
"Risk-Coping through Sexual Networks: Evidence from Client Transfers in Kenya,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(1), pages 107-145.
- Robinson, Jonathan & Yeh, Ethan, 2011. "Risk-coping through sexual networks : evidence from client transfers in Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5582, The World Bank.
- Ardington, Cally & Bärnighausen, Till & Case, Anne & Menendez, Alicia, 2014. "The economic consequences of AIDS mortality in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 48-60.
- Paolo Canofari & Giancarlo Marini & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2013. "To Sleep, Perchance to Dream: Prices for Funeral Homes in US States," CEIS Research Paper 260, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Jan 2013.
More about this item
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:11950. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .