Does Corruption Relieve Foreign Investors of the Burden of Taxes and Capital Controls?
In: International Taxation and Multinational Activity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1999. "Does corruption relieve foreign investors of the burden of taxes and capital controls?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2209, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mihir A. Desai & James R. Hines, Jr., 1996. ""Basket" Cases: International Joint Ventures After the Tax Reform Act of 1986," NBER Working Papers 5755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," NBER Working Papers 6030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 63, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Stein, Ernesto & Wei, Shang-jin, 1995. "Trading blocs and the Americas: The natural, the unnatural, and the super-natural," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 61-95, June.
- Kaufman, Daniel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1999.
"Does"grease money"speed up the wheels of commerce?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2254, The World Bank.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Does 'Grease Money' Speed Up the Wheels of Commerce?," IMF Working Papers 00/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Wei, Shang-Jin, 1999. "Does 'Grease Money' Speed Up the Wheels of Commerce?," MPRA Paper 8209, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Shang-Jin Wei, 1999. "Does "Grease Money" Speed Up the Wheels of Commerce?," NBER Working Papers 7093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1995. "Forbidden Payment: Foreign Bribery and American Business After 1977," NBER Working Papers 5266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rauch, James E., 1999. "Networks versus markets in international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 7-35, June.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-781, August.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Martin Feldstein & James R. Hines Jr. & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1995. "The Effects of Taxation on Multinational Corporations," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feld95-2, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klein, Michael & Aaron, Carl & Hadjimichael, Bita, 2001. "Foreign direct investment and poverty reduction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2613, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Montoriol-Garriga, Judit & Recanatini, Francesca, 2008. "How does bribery affect public service delivery ? micro-evidence from service users and public officials in Peru," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4492, The World Bank.
- Jelena Budak & Edo Rajh, 2011. "Corruption as an Obstacle for Doing Business in the Western Balkans: A Business Sector Perspective," Working Papers 1104, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Axel Dreher & Lars-H.R. Siemers, 2003.
"The Intriguing Nexus Between Corruption and Capital Account Restrictions,"
Development and Comp Systems
0306004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jul 2005.
- Axel Dreher & Lars Siemers, 2005. "The Intriguing Nexus Between Corruption and Capital Account Restrictions," KOF Working papers 05-113, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Dreher, Axel & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2005. "The Intriguing Nexus between Corruption and Capital Account Restrictions," RWI Discussion Papers 35, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Axel Dreher & Thomas Herzfeld, 2005. "The Economic Costs of Corruption: A Survey and New Evidence," Public Economics 0506001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abderraouf Mtiraoui, 2020.
"Corruption between economic institutional aspect and social aspect through governance
[La corruption entre l’aspect institutionnel économique et l’aspect social à travers la gouvernance]," Working Papers hal-02535463, HAL.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner, 2007.
"Greasing the Wheels of Entrepreneurship? The Impact of Regulations and Corruption on Firm Entry,"
KOF Working papers
07-166, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner, 2007. "Greasing the Wheels of Entrepreneurship? The Impact of Regulations and Corruption on Firm Entry," CESifo Working Paper Series 2013, CESifo.
- Antonio Lecuna & Roberto Chávez, 2018. "Entrepreneurship and Weak Institutions in Latin America," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 33(Fall 2018), pages 25-47.
- Bitzenis, Aristidis & Tsitouras, Antonis & Vlachos, Vasileios A., 2009. "Decisive FDI obstacles as an explanatory reason for limited FDI inflows in an EMU member state: The case of Greece," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 691-704, August.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & de Mello, Luiz & Sharan, Raju, 2001. "Corruption and military spending," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 749-777, November.
- Antonio Lecuna, 2014. "Corruption and bureaucracy in entrepreneurship," Serie Working Papers 17, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Business and Economics, revised Dec 2014.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:10720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.