The Inflation and Exchange Rate in the Five Balkan Countries from Maastricht Convergence Criteria Prospect
In the focus of this research of the inflation and exchange rate from the Maastricht convergence criteria prospect are five Balkan countries, former Yugoslav republics: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Comparative analysis of the price and exchange rate stability in these countries was done by comparing to the EU average and certain Member States from Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe (CESE). The basic goal was to determine the degree of nominal convergence, disregarding the fact that Maastricht convergence criteria are not the conditions for getting the status of the EU Member State, but for joining Economic and Monetary Union (EMU), or Euro zone. The subjects of the research were also the determinants of the price and exchange rate stability in this group of countries, and especially monetary policy strategy. Corresponding recommendations were given at the end to the analyzed countries and European Central Bank (ECB).
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Institute of Economic Sciences in its series Book Chapters with number
conissue-3.||Handle:|| RePEc:ibg:chaptr:conissue-3||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 12 Zmaj Jovina St, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia|
Phone: +381 11 2622 357, 2623 055
Fax: +381 11 2181 471
Web page: http://www.ien.bg.ac.rs
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Lewis, 2007.
"Hitting and Hoping? Meeting the Exchange Rate and Inflation Criteria during a Period of Nominal Convergence,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1902, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lewis, John, 2009. "Hitting and hoping?: Meeting the exchange rate and inflation criteria during a period of nominal convergence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 508-524, December.
- John Lewis, 2007. "Hitting and Hoping? Meeting the Exchange Rate and Inflation Criteria During a Period of Nominal Convergence," DNB Working Papers 130, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Max Gillman & Mark N. Harris, 2010. "The effect of inflation on growth," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(4), pages 697-714, October.
- Paul De Grauwe & Gunther Schnabl, 2008. "Exchange Rate Stability, Inflation, and Growth in (South) Eastern and Central Europe," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 530-549, 08.
- Evan Kraft, 2003. "Monetary Policy under Dollarisation: The Case of Croatia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 45(3), pages 256-277, September.
- Jean-François Ponsot, 2006.
"European Experiences of Currency Boards: Estonia, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Bosnia and Herzegovina,"
in: Monetary Integration and Dollarization, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jean-François Ponsot, 2006. "European experiences of currency boards : Estonia, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Bosnia and Herzegovina," Post-Print halshs-00191898, HAL.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2006.
"Monetary Policy Strategy: How Did We Get Here?,"
NBER Working Papers
12515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ales Bulir & JaromÃr HurnÃk, 2006. "The Maastricht Inflation Criterion; How Unpleasant Is Purgatory?," IMF Working Papers 06/154, International Monetary Fund.
- Zsolt Darvas & György Szapáry, 2008.
"Euro Area Enlargement and Euro Adoption Strategies,"
0801, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Zsolt Darvas & Gyorgy Szapary, 2008. "Euro Area Enlargement and Euro Adoption Strategies," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0824, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsolt Darvas & György Szapáry, 2008. "Euro Area Enlargement and Euro Adoption Strategies," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 304, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Sandra Dvorsky & Thomas Scheiber & Helmut Stix, 2008. "Euroization in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe – First Results from the New OeNB Euro Survey," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 48-60.
- Mihail Petkovski, 2006. "Real Exchange Rates in Transition Countries," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 13(2), pages 270-279, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibg:chaptr:conissue-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zorica Bozic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.