David Franklin Merriman
|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
Department of Economics Chicago, Illinois (United States)
University of Illinois at Chicago
University Hall 2101, Mail Code 144, 601 South Morgan Street, Chicago, Illinois 60607
RePEc:edi:deuicus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters
- Merriman, David, 2016. "What determines the level of local business property taxes?," Working Papers 16-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Shu Wang & David Merriman & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2016. "Relative Tax Rates, Proximity and Cigarette Tax Noncompliance: Evidence from a National Sample of Littered Cigarette Packs," NBER Working Papers 22577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crosby, Andrew W. & Merriman, David F., 2016. "What Happened to Illinoisâ€™ Economy Following the January 2011 Tax Increases? A Midwestern Comparison," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 46(1).
- Nancy W. Hudspeth & David F. Merriman & Richard F. Dye & Andrew W. Crosby, 2015. "Do Troubled Times Invite Cloudy Budget Reporting? The Determinants of General Fund Expenditure Share in U.S. States," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 68-89, December.
- David Merriman, 2015. "A Replication of â€œCoveting Thy Neighborâ€™s Manufacturing," Public Finance Review, , vol. 43(2), pages 185-205, March.
- Richard F. Dye & David F. Merriman & Katherine Goulde, 2014. "Tax Increment Financing and the Great Recession," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 67(3), pages 697-718, September.
- Fu-Chuan Lai & David Merriman & Jyh-Fa Tsai, 2014. "Land use and rent gradients with a monopoly vendor and two central business districts," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 745-760.
- Howard Chernick & David Merriman, 2013. "Using Littered Pack Data to Estimate Cigarette Tax Avoidance in Nyc," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 66(3), pages 635-668, June.
- David Merriman & Joseph Persky & Julie Davis & Ron Baiman, 2012. "The Impact of an Urban WalMart Store on Area Businesses," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 26(4), pages 321-333, November.
- David F. Merriman & Mark L. Skidmore & Russ D. Kashian, 2011. "Do Tax Increment Finance Districts Stimulate Growth in Real Estate Values?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 39(2), pages 221-250, June.
- Lai, Fu-Chuan & McDonald, John F. & Merriman, David F., 2010. "Housing appreciation (depreciation) and owners' welfare," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 66-73, March.
- David Merriman, 2010. "The Micro-geography of Tax Avoidance: Evidence from Littered Cigarette Packs in Chicago," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 61-84, May.
- Mark Skidmore & David Merriman & Russ Kashian, 2009. "The Relationship between Tax Increment Finance and Municipal Land Annexation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(4), pages 598-613.
- Weber, Rachel & Bhatta, Saurav Dev & Merriman, David, 2007. "Spillovers from tax increment financing districts: Implications for housing price appreciation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 259-281, March.
- David Merriman, 2006. "A Theoretical Analysis of Medicaid Supplantation," Public Finance Review, , vol. 34(1), pages 33-59, January.
- Dye, Richard F. & McMillen, Daniel P. & Merriman, David F., 2006. "Illinois' Response to Rising Residential Property Values: An Assessment Growth Cap in Cook County," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 59(3), pages 707-716, September.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya & David Merriman, 2004. "Convergence in Government Spending: Theory and Cross-Country Evidence," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(4), pages 587-620, November.
- Rachel Weber & Saurav Dev Bhatta & David Merriman, 2003. "Does Tax Increment Financing Raise Urban Industrial Property Values?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(10), pages 2001-2021, September.
- Richard F. Dye & Therese J. McGuire & David F. Merriman, 2001. "The Impact of Property Taxes and Property Tax Classification on Business Activity in the Chicago Metropolitan Area," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 757-777.
- Dye, Richard F. & Merriman, David F., 2000. "The Effects of Tax Increment Financing on Economic Development," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 306-328, March.
- Merriman, David & Skidmore, Mark, 2000. "Did Distortionary Sales Taxation Contribute to the Growth of the Service Sector?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(1), pages 125-142, March.
- Merriman, David, 1998. "How many parking spaces does it take to create one additional transit passenger?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 565-584, September.
- Merriman, David, 1997. "Subsidized Parking and Neighborhood Nuisances," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 198-201, March.
- David Merriman & Toru Ohkawara & Tsutomu Suzuki, 1995. "Excess Commuting in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area: Measurement and Policy Simulations," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(1), pages 69-85, February.
- Merriman, David, 1994. "Do Cigarette Excise Tax Rates Maximize Revenue?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(3), pages 419-428, July.
- Merriman, David, 1992. "Trade and investment relations among the United States, Canada, and Japan : (Ed.), the University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1989. 448 pp., $55.00, cloth," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 199-205, June.
- Merriman, David, 1991. "Public capital and regional output : Another look at some Japanese and American data," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 437-458, February.
- David Merriman, 1986. "The Distributional Effects of New Jersey's Tax and Expenditure Limitation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(4), pages 353-361.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 2 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, David Franklin Merriman should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.