David Rider Smith
|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
(50%) Government of Ugandahttp://www.opm.go.ug/
(50%) Uganda Bureau of Statistics Kampala, Uganda
Government of Uganda
Plot 10/11 Airport Road, P.O. Box 13, Entebbe
RePEc:edi:stagvug (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Articles
- Smith, Davd Rider & Gordon, Ann & Meadows, Kate & Zwick, Karen, 2001. "Livelihood diversification in Uganda: patterns and determinants of change across two rural districts," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 421-435, August.
CitationsMany of the citations below have been collected in an experimental project, CitEc, where a more detailed citation analysis can be found. These are citations from works listed in RePEc that could be analyzed mechanically. So far, only a minority of all works could be analyzed. See under "Corrections" how you can help improve the citation analysis.
- Smith, Davd Rider & Gordon, Ann & Meadows, Kate & Zwick, Karen, 2001.
"Livelihood diversification in Uganda: patterns and determinants of change across two rural districts,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 421-435, August.
- Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta, 2012. "Livelihood Strategies in Rural South Africa: Implications for Poverty Reduction," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125411, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nilsson, Pia, 2017. "Assessing the Role of Land Use Consolidation for Consumption Growth in Rwanda," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 455, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Escobal, Javier, 2005. "The Role of Public Infraestructure in Market Development in Rural Peru," MPRA Paper 727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mary Morrison & Marianne Fay, 2005. "Infrastructure in Latin America : Recent Developments and Key Challenges, Volume 1," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8801, The World Bank.
- Ali Oumer & Andreas de Neergaard, 2011. "Understanding livelihood strategy-poverty links: empirical evidence from central highlands of Ethiopia," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 547-564, June.
- Chuan Liao & Christopher Barrett & Karim-Aly Kassam, 2015. "Does Diversification Improve Livelihoods? Pastoral Households in Xinjiang, China," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(6), pages 1302-1330, November.
- Stoop, Nik & Houssa, Romain & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2016.
"To fish or not to fish? Resource degradation and income diversification in Benin,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(05), pages 669-689, October.
- Nik Stoop & Romain Houssa & Marijke Verpoorten, 2013. "To fish or not to fish? Resource degradation and income diversification in Benin," LICOS Discussion Papers 32813, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Merten, Sonja & Haller, Tobias, 2008. "Property rights, food security and child growth: Dynamics of insecurity in the Kafue Flats of Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 434-443, October.
- Shanta Paudel Khatiwada & Wei Deng & Bikash Paudel & Janak Raj Khatiwada & Jifei Zhang & Yi Su, 2017. "Household Livelihood Strategies and Implication for Poverty Reduction in Rural Areas of Central Nepal," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-20, April.
- Adugna, Lemi, 2009. "Determinants of Income Diversification in Rural Ethiopia: evidence From Panel Data," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 18(1).
- Petracco, Carly K. & Pender, John L., 2009.
"Evaluating the Impact of Land Tenure and Titling on Access to Credit in Uganda,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51899, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Petracco, Carly K. & Pender, John, 2009. "Evaluating the impact of land tenure and titling on access to credit in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 853, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Henriette Dose, 2007. "Securing Household Income among Small-scale Farmers in Kakamega District: Possibilities and Limitations of Diversification," GIGA Working Paper Series 41, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Koirala, Krishna H. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Mehlhorn, Joey, 2014. "Using Copula to Test Dependency between Energy and Agricultural Commodities," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170364, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Calderon, Cesar & Serven, Luis, 2004.
"The effects of infrastructure development on growth and income distribution,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3400, The World Bank.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2005. "The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_056, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2004. "The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 270, Central Bank of Chile.
- Johny, Judit & Wichmann, Bruno & Swallow, Brent, 2014. "Role of Social Networks in Diversification o Income Sources in Rural India," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170357, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carla Roncoli & Benjamin Orlove & Merit Kabugo & Milton Waiswa, 2011. "Cultural styles of participation in farmers’ discussions of seasonal climate forecasts in Uganda," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(1), pages 123-138, February.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M., 2006. "Fractal poverty traps," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Bahiigwa, Godfrey & Rigby, Dan & Woodhouse, Philip, 2005. "Right Target, Wrong Mechanism? Agricultural Modernization and Poverty Reduction in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 481-496, March.
- Máximo Torero & Lorena Alcazar & Eduardo Nakasone, 2007.
"Provision of Public Services and Welfare of the Poor: Learning from an Incomplete Electricity Privatization Process in Rural Peru,"
Research Department Publications
3232, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Lorena Alcázar & Eduardo Nakasone & Máximo Torero, 2007. "Provision of Public Services and Welfare of the Poor: Learning from an Incomplete Electricity Privatization Process in Rural Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3351, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Kramer, Daniel Boyd & Urquhart, Gerald & Schmitt, Kristen, 2009. "Globalization and the connection of remote communities: A review of household effects and their biodiversity implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2897-2909, October.
- Monica Beuran & Marie Castaing Gachassin & Gaël Raballand, 2013.
"Are There Myths on Road Impact and Transport in Sub-Saharan Africa?,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
13049, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Monica Beuran & Marie Gachassin & Gaël Raballand, 2015. "Are There Myths on Road Impact and Transport in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 33(5), pages 673-700, September.
- Monica Beuran & Marie Castaing Gachassin & Gaël Raballand, 2013. "Are There Myths on Road Impact and Transport in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00830006, HAL.
- Falendra K. Sudan & Falendra K. Sudan, 2007. "Livelihood Diversification and Women Empowerment Through Self-Help Micro Credit Programme: Evidence from Jammu and Kashmir," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 90-106, December.
- Máximo Torero & Lorena Alcazar & Eduardo Nakasone, 2007. "El suministro de servicios públicos y bienestar social para los pobres. Aprendizaje de la privatización incompleta del sector eléctrico en Perú," Research Department Publications 3233, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Mastewal Yami & Piet Asten, 2018. "Relevance of informal institutions for achieving sustainable crop intensification in Uganda," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(1), pages 141-150, February.
- Junior Davis & Dirk Bezemer, 2005. "Key emerging and conceptual issues in the development of the rural non-farm economy in developing countries and transition economies," Development and Comp Systems 0510017, EconWPA.
- Vellema, W. & Buritica Casanova, A. & Gonzalez, C. & D’Haese, M., 2015. "The effect of specialty coffee certification on household livelihood strategies and specialisation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 13-25.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, David Rider Smith should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.