by members of
Department of Agri-Business and Natural Resource Economics
These are publications listed in RePEc written by members of the above institution who are registered with the RePEc Author Service. Thus this compiles the works all those currently affiliated with this institution, not those affilated at the time of publication. List of registered members. Register yourself. Citation analysis. This page is updated in the first days of each month.
| Working papers | Journal articles |
- B.W., Muriithi & K., Menale & G., Diiro & M.O., Nyanganga & D., Masiga, 2021. "Micro-Economic Impact of Tsetse and Trypanosomiasis Control Interventions on Farmers’ Livelihoods in Kwale County, Kenya," 2021 Conference, August 17-31, 2021, Virtual 315235, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Menale, Kassie & Gathogo, Nancy & Diiro, Gracious & Mohamed, Samira & Ekesi, Sunday, 2019. "Adoption of Integrated Pest Management Strategy for Suppression of Mango Fruit flies in East Africa: An ex ante and ex post analysis in Ethiopia and Kenya," 2019 Sixth International Conference, September 23-26, 2019, Abuja, Nigeria 295754, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Kassie, M. & Ledermann, S. & Diiro, G. & Tefera, T. & Ballo, S. & Belayhun, L., 2018. "The economics of multiple interventions to achieve holistic outcomes: Pilot evidence from Ethiopia," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277526, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Beatrice W. Muriithi & Gracious M. Diiro & Menale Kassie & Geoffrey Muricho, 2018. "Does gender matter in the adoption of sustainable agricultural technologies? A case of push-pull technology in Kenya," Working Papers PMMA 2018-05, PEP-PMMA.
- Nyangau, Paul & Muriithi, Beatrice & Irungu, Patrick & Nzuma, Jonathan & Diiro, Glacious, 2017. "Assessing the impact of integrated pest management (IPM) technology for mango fruit fly control on food security among smallholders in Machakos County, Kenya," 91st Annual Conference, April 24-26, 2017, Royal Dublin Society, Dublin, Ireland 258650, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Namuyiga, Dorothy Birungi, 2017. "Derterminants For Adoption Of Soil Fertility Management Technologies Among Smallholder Maize-Based Production Systems In Eastern Uganda And Western Kenya," Research Theses 276432, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Macharia, John & Diiro, Gracious & Busienei, John R. & Munei, Kimpei & Affognon, Hippolyte & Ekesi, Sunday & Kassie, Menale & Muriithi, Beatrice & Nakimbugwe, Dorothy & Fiaboe, Komi, 2016.
"Gendered analysis of the demand for poultry feed in Kenya,"
2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
249279, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- John Njenga Macharia & Gracious Malton Diiro & John Rono Busienei & Kimpei Munei & Hippolyte D. Affognon & Sunday Ekesi & Beatrice Muriithi & Dorothy Nakimbugwe & Chrysantus Mbi Tanga & Komi K. M. Fia, 2020. "Gendered analysis of the demand for poultry feed in Kenya," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 59(4), pages 426-439, October.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Bizimungu, Emmanuel & Birungi, Dorothy, 2016. "Risk and sustainable crop intensification: The case of smallholder rice and potato farmers in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 1521, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mishra, Khushbu & Abdoul, Sam G. & Miranda, Mario J. & Diiro, Gracious M., 2015. "Gender and Dynamics of Technology Adoption: Evidence from Uganda," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206550, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Diiro, Gracious M. & Sam, Abdoul G. & Kraybill, David S., 2011. "Impact of Adoption of Improved Groundnut Varieties on Factor Demand and Productivity in Uganda," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103848, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hannah Gichungi & Beatrice Muriithi & Patrick Irungu & Gracious Diiro & John Busienei, 2021. "Effect of Technological Innovation on Gender Roles: The Case of Fruit Fly IPM Adoption on Women’s Decision-Making in Mango Production and Marketing in Kenya," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 33(3), pages 407-426, June.
- Diiro, Gracious M. & Fisher, Monica & Kassie, Menale & Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2021. "How does adoption of labor saving agricultural technologies affect intrahousehold resource allocations? The case of push-pull technology in Western Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C).
- Nicola Francesconi & Fleur Wouterse & Dorothy Birungi Namuyiga, 2021. "Agricultural Cooperatives and COVID-19 in Southeast Africa. The Role of Managerial Capital for Rural Resilience," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-13, January.
- Menale Kassie & Zewdu Abro & Tesfamicheal Wossen & Samuel T. Ledermann & Gracious Diiro & Shifa Ballo & Lulseged Belayhun, 2020. "Integrated Health Interventions for Improved Livelihoods: A Case Study in Ethiopia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(6), pages 1-21, March.
- Kassie, Menale & Fisher, Monica & Muricho, Geoffrey & Diiro, Gracious, 2020. "Women’s empowerment boosts the gains in dietary diversity from agricultural technology adoption in rural Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
- Beatrice W. Muriithi & Nancy G. Gathogo & Gracious M. Diiro & Samira A. Mohamed & Sunday Ekesi, 2020. "Potential Adoption of Integrated Pest Management Strategy for Suppression of Mango Fruit Flies in East Africa: An Ex Ante and Ex Post Analysis in Ethiopia and Kenya," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 10(7), pages 1-23, July.
- Gracious M. Diiro & Menale Kassie & Beatrice W. Muriithi & Nancy G. Gathogo & Michael Kidoido & Rose Marubu & John Bwire Ochola & Clifford Maina Mutero, 2020. "Are Individuals Willing to Pay for Community-Based Eco-Friendly Malaria Vector Control Strategies? A Case of Mosquito Larviciding Using Plant-Based Biopesticides in Kenya," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(20), pages 1-15, October.
- Mwungu, Chris Miyinzi & Muriithi, Beatrice & Ngeno, Vincent & Affognon, Hippolyte & Githiomo, Caroline & Diiro, Gracious & Ekesi, Sunday, 2020. "Health and environmental effects of adopting an integrated fruit fly management strategy among mango farmers in Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), March.
- Khushbu Mishra & Abdoul G. Sam & Gracious M. Diiro & Mario J. Miranda, 2020. "Gender and the dynamics of technology adoption: Empirical evidence from a household‐level panel data," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 51(6), pages 857-870, November.
- Soul‐kifouly G. Midingoyi & Menale Kassie & Beatrice Muriithi & Gracious Diiro & Sunday Ekesi, 2019. "Do Farmers and the Environment Benefit from Adopting Integrated Pest Management Practices? Evidence from Kenya," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(2), pages 452-470, June.
- Githiomi, Caroline & Muriithi, Beatrice & Irungu, Patrick & Mwungu, Chris M. & Diiro, Gracious & Affognon, Hippolyte & Mburu, John & Ekesi, Sunday, 2019. "Economic analysis of spillover effects of an integrated pest management (IPM) strategy for suppression of mango fruit fly in Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 121-132.
- Beatrice W. Muriithi & Kassie Menale & Gracious Diiro & Geoffrey Muricho, 2018. "Does gender matter in the adoption of push-pull pest management and other sustainable agricultural practices? Evidence from Western Kenya," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(2), pages 253-272, April.
- Kassie, Menale & Stage, Jesper & Diiro, Gracious & Muriithi, Beatrice & Muricho, Geoffrey & Ledermann, Samuel T. & Pittchar, Jimmy & Midega, Charles & Khan, Zeyaur, 2018. "Push–pull farming system in Kenya: Implications for economic and social welfare," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 186-198.
- Gracious M. Diiro & Abdoul G. Sam & David Kraybill, 2017. "Heterogeneous Effects of Maternal Labor Market Participation on the Nutritional Status of Children: Empirical Evidence from Rural India," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 10(3), pages 609-632, September.
- Gracious M. Diiro & Abdoul G. Sam, 2015. "Agricultural technology adoption and Nonfarm earnings in Uganda: a Semiparametric analysis," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 49(2), pages 145-162, April-Jun.
- Diiro, Gracious M. & Ker, Alan P. & San, Abdul G., 2015. "The role of gender in fertiliser adoption in Uganda," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2), pages 1-14.