More Than a Pretty Picture : Using Poverty Maps to Design Better Policies and Interventions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Minot, Nicholas, 2000. "Generating Disaggregated Poverty Maps: An Application to Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 319-331, February.
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2003. "Micro--Level Estimation of Poverty and Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 355-364, January.
- Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob, 2002.
"The spatial distribution of poverty in Vietnam and the potential for targeting,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2829, The World Bank.
- Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob, 2002. "The spatial distribution of poverty in Vietnam and the potential for targeting," MSSD discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob, 2002. "The spatial distribution of poverty in Vietnam and the potential for targeting," MTID discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali & Mohamed Ayadi, 2017. "Rural-Urban Migration and Income Disparity in Tunisia: A Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 1085, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 2017.
- Olivia, Susan & Gibson, John & Smith, Aaron D. & Rozelle, Scott & Deng, Xiangzheng, 2009. "An Empirical Evaluation of Poverty Mapping Methodology: Explicitly Spatial versus Implicitly Spatial Approach," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 47651, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2013. "Geographic decomposition of inequality in health and wealth: evidence from Cambodia," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, pages 373-392.
- Corey Sparks & Joey Campbell, 2014. "An Application of Bayesian Methods to Small Area Poverty Rate Estimates," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), pages 455-477.
- Jesse Naidoo, 2009. "Finite-Sample Bias and Inconsistency in the Estimation of Poverty Maps," SALDRU Working Papers 36, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Coulombe, Harold & Wodon, Quentin, 2008. "Assessing the geographic impact of higher food prices in Guinea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4743, The World Bank.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Marra, Marleen & Nguyen, Cuong, 2013. "Vietnam's evolving poverty map : patterns and implications for policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6355, The World Bank.
- John Gibson, 2017. "Forest Loss and Economic Inequality in the Solomon Islands: Using Small-Area Estimation to Link Environmental Change to Welfare Outcomes," Working Papers in Economics 17/14, University of Waikato.
- World Bank, 2013. "Mali : Poverty and Gender Notes," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16050, The World Bank.
- Arman Bidarbakht Nia, 2011. "Examining Poverty and Inequality across Small Areas of Islamic Republic Of Iran; Toolmaking for Efficient Welfare Policies," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 18(1), pages 125-159, June.
- Nguyen, Cuong & Do, Trang & Phung, Thu & Phung, Tung, 2012. "Household business index in Vietnam: a small area estimation method," MPRA Paper 44356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de la Fuente, Alejandro & Villarroel, Marcelo Olivera, 2013. "The poverty impact of climate change in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6461, The World Bank.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1355-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tara Vishwanath & Dhiraj Sharma & Nandini Krishnan & Brian Blankespoor, 2015. "Where are Iraq’s Poor?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22351, The World Bank.
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2011. "Poverty projection using a small area estimation method: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, pages 368-382.
- Marta Moratti, 2010. "Consumption Poverty and Pro-Poor Growth in Bolivia," Working Paper Series 1310, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Quentin Wodon, 2012. "Improving the Targeting of Social Programs in Ghana," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13082.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2013.
"Geographic decomposition of inequality in health and wealth: evidence from Cambodia,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, pages 373-392.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2007. "Geographic Decomposition of Inequality in Health and Wealth : Evidence from Cambodia," Microeconomics Working Papers 22418, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2007. "Geographic Decomposition of Inequality in Health and Wealth: Evidence from Cambodia," Working Papers 24-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Ragui Assaad & Caroline Krafft & Hanan Nazier & Racha Ramadan & Atiyeh Vahidmanesh & Sami Zouari, 2017. "Estimating Poverty and Inequality in the Absence of Consumption Data: An Application to the Middle East and North Africa," Working Papers 1100, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 2017.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:13081 is not listed on IDEAS
- Husmann, Christine, 2016. "Marginality as a Root Cause of Poverty: Identifying Marginality Hotspots in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 420-435.
- Fujii, Tomoki, 2008. "How Well Can We Target Aid with Rapidly Collected Data? Empirical Results for Poverty Mapping from Cambodia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1830-1842, October.
- Graw, Valerie & Husmann, Christine Ladenburger, 2012. "Mapping Marginality Hotspots – Geographical Targeting for Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 147917, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Malek, Mohammad Abdul & Hossain, Md. Amzad & Saha, Ratnajit & Gatzweiler, Franz W., 2013. "Mapping marginality hotspots and agricultural potentials in Bangladesh," Working Papers 154065, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Protections and Labor - Labor Markets Health; Nutrition and Population - Population Policies Health Monitoring and Evaluation Rural Development - Rural Poverty Reduction Strategies Housing and Human Habitats Communities and Human Settlements Health; Nutrition and Population;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:6800. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.