The spatial distribution of poverty in Vietnam and the potential for targeting
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob, 2002. "The spatial distribution of poverty in Vietnam and the potential for targeting," MTID discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob, 2002. "The spatial distribution of poverty in Vietnam and the potential for targeting," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2829, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baulch, Bob & Truong Thi Kim Chuyen & Haughton, Dominique & Haughton, Jonathan, 2002. "Ethnic minority development in Vietnam : a socioeconomic perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2836, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, M., 1992. "Poverty Comparisons - A Guide to Concepts and Methods," Papers 88, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- van de Walle, Dominique & Gunewardena, Dileni, 2001. "Sources of ethnic inequality in Viet Nam," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 177-207, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tran Quang Tuyen, 2016. "Income sources and inequality among ethnic minorities in the Northwest region, Vietnam," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 1239-1254, August.
- Patricia Justino & Julie Litchfield, 2003. "Poverty Dynamics in Rural Vietnam: Winners and Losers During Reform," PRUS Working Papers 10, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- World Bank, . "Country Social Analysis : Ethnicity and Development in Vietnam - Summary report," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 3093, September.
- F. le R. Booysen, 2001. "Non‐Payment Of Services: A Problem Of Ability‐To‐Pay," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 69(4), pages 674-697, December.
- Klugman, Jeni & Braithwaite, Jeanine, 1998. "Poverty in Russia during the Transition: An Overview," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 37-58, February.
- Isaac B. Oluwatayo, 2004. "Income Risk and Welfare Status of Rural Households in Nigeria: Ekiti State as a Test Case," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-61, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Saurabh Singhal & Ulrik Beck, 2015. "Ethnic disadvantage in Vietnam: Evidence using panel data," WIDER Working Paper Series 097, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Marion Mercier & Rama Lionel Ngenzebuke & Philip Verwimp, 2016. "Violence Exposure and Welfare over Time: Evidence from the Burundi Civil War," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2015-32, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cowell, Frank A. & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2000.
"Estimating welfare indices: household weights and sample design,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2000-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Cowell, Frank & Jenkins, Stephen P, 2000. "Estimating welfare indices : household weights and sample design," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2160, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frank A Cowell & Stephen P Jenkins, 2000. "Estimating Welfare Indices: Household Weights and Sample Design," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 48, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Frank A. Cowell & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2000. "Estimating Welfare Indices: Household Weights and Sample Design," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 219, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Norbert R. Schady, 2002.
"Picking the Poor: Indicators for Geographic Targeting in Peru,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 417-433, September.
- Schady, Norbert R., 2000. "Picking the poor : indicators for geographic targeting in Peru," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2477, The World Bank.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Rios, Ana R. & Arcenas, Agustin, 2008.
"Can the poor participate in payments for environmental services? Lessons from the Silvopastoral Project in Nicaragua,"
Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 299-325, June.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Rios, Ana R. & Arcenas, Agustin, 2007. "Can the Poor Participate in Payments for Environmental Services?: Lessons from the Silvopastoral Project in Nicaragua," MPRA Paper 3705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anh Tuan Bui & Cuong Viet Nguyen & Thu Phuong Pham, 2017.
"Poverty among ethnic minorities: the transition process, inequality and economic growth,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(31), pages 3114-3128, July.
- Bui, Tuan & Nguyen, Cuong & Pham, Phuong, 2015. "Poverty among ethnic minorities: transition process, inequality and economic growth," MPRA Paper 68924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard ANKER, 2006. "Poverty lines around the world: A new methodology and internationally comparable estimates," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 145(4), pages 279-307, December.
- Walker, Thomas S. & Tschirley, David L. & Low, Jan W. & Tanque, M. Pequentino & Boughton, Duncan & Payongayong, Ellen M. & Weber, Michael T., 2004. "Determinants of Rural Income, Poverty, and Perceived Well-Being in Mozambique in 2001-2002," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56061, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jean-Michel Hourriez & Bernard Legris, 1998. "L'approche monétaire de la pauvreté : méthodologie et résultats," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 308(1), pages 35-63.
- Carlos Gradín, 2016. "Poverty and ethnicity in Asian countries," Chapters, in: Jacques Silber & Guanghua Wan (ed.), The Asian ‘Poverty Miracle’, chapter 8, pages 253-320, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Patricia Funjika & Rachel M. Gisselquist, 2020. "Social mobility and inequality between groups," WIDER Working Paper Series wp2020-12, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Benjamin Davis, 2002.
"Is it Possible to Avoid a Lemon? Reflections on Choosing a Poverty Mapping Method,"
Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition
08, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Benjamin Davis, 2002. "Is it possible to avoid a lemon? Reflections on choosing a poverty mapping method," Working Papers 02-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Davis, Benjamin, 2002. "Is it possible to avoid a lemon? Reflections on choosing a poverty mapping method," ESA Working Papers 289107, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Bierkamp, Sina & Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Grote, Ulrike, 2021. "Environmental income and remittances: Evidence from rural central highlands of Vietnam," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 179(C).
- Cororaton, Caesar B., 2003. "Analyzing the Impact of Philippine Tariff Reform on Unemployment, Distribution and Poverty Using CGE-Microsimulation Approach," Discussion Papers DP 2003-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsHousehold surveys. ; Poverty Research Methodology. ; Poverty alleviation Viet Nam. ; Poverty; Rural Viet Nam. ;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:mssddp:42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.