The BIP Trilogy (bipolarization, inequality and polarization): One saga but three different stories
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Deutsch, Joseph & Fusco, Alessio & Silber, Jacques, 2012. "The BIP trilogy (bipolarization, inequality and polarization): One saga but three different stories," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-49, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Bargain & Tim Callan, 2010.
"Analysing the effects of tax-benefit reforms on income distribution: a decomposition approach,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Olivier Bargain & Tim Callan, 2007. "Analysing the Effects of Tax-benefit Reforms on Income Distribution: A decomposition Approach," Papers WP197, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bargain, Olivier & Callan, Tim, 2007. "Analysing the Effects of Tax-Benefit Reforms on Income Distribution: A Decomposition Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 3078, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Olivier Bargain & Tim Callan, 2007. "Analysing the effects of tax-benefit reforms on income distribution : a decomposition approach," Working Papers 200713, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Olivier Bargain & Tim Callan, 2007. "Analysing the Effects of Tax-benefit Reforms on Income Distribution: A Decomposition Approach," Working Papers 200728, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Bargain, Olivier & Callan, Tim, 2007. "Analysing the effects of tax-benefit reforms on income distribution: a decomposition approach," EUROMOD Working Papers EM5/07, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2007:i:36:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bénédicte H. Apouey, 2010. "On Measuring And Explaining Socioeconomic Polarization In Health With An Application To French Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(1), pages 141-170, March.
- F. Chantreuil & A. Trannoy, 1999.
"Inequality decomposition values : the trade-off between marginality and consistency,"
THEMA Working Papers
99-24, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Frederic Chantreuil & Alain Trannoy, 1999. "Inequality decomposition values : the trade-off between marginality and consistency," Working Papers hal-01594025, HAL.
- Chantreuil, F. & Trannoy, A., 1999. "Inequality Decomposition Values: the Trade-Off Between Marginality and Consistency," Papers 99-24, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Abdelkrim Araar, 2008. "On the Decomposition of Polarization Indices: Illustrations with Chinese and Nigerian Household Surveys," Cahiers de recherche 0806, CIRPEE.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2011:i:101-102:p:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand, 2006.
"The Wealth of Mexican Americans,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(4).
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent Hildebrand, 2004. "The Wealth of Mexican Americans," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 116, McMaster University.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand, 2006. "The Wealth of Mexican Americans," CEPR Discussion Papers 519, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent A., 2004. "The Wealth of Mexican Americans," IZA Discussion Papers 1150, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesco Devicienti, 2010.
"Shapley-value decompositions of changes in wage distributions: a note,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(1), pages 35-45, March.
- Francesco Devicienti, 2008. "Shapley-Value Decompositions of Changes in Wage Distributions: A Note," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 80, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Conchita D'Ambrosio, 2010. "Polarization Orderings Of Income Distributions," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(1), pages 47-64, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Ranaldi, 2016. "On the Measurement of Functional Income Distribution," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16051rr, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Feb 2018.
- Clementi, Fabio & Molini, Vasco & Schettino, Francesco, 2018.
"All that Glitters is not Gold: Polarization Amid Poverty Reduction in Ghana,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 275-291.
- Clementi,Fabio & Molini,Vasco & Schettino,Francesco, 2016. "All that glitters is not gold : polarization amid poverty reduction in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7758, The World Bank.
- Wang, Jinxian & Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees & Wang, Chen, 2015. "Decomposing income polarization and tax-benefit changes across 31 European countries and Europe wide, 2004-2012," MPRA Paper 66155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:exl:29stat:v:17:y:2016:i:2:p:221-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mauro Mussini, 2016. "On Measuring Income Polarization: An Approach Based On Regression Trees," Statistics in Transition new series, Główny Urząd Statystyczny (Polska), vol. 17(2), pages 221-236, June.
- Wang, Chen & Wan, Guanghua, 2015. "Income polarization in China: Trends and changes," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 58-72.
- Alessio Fusco & Jacques Silber, 2014. "On social polarization and ordinal variables: the case of self-assessed health," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(8), pages 841-851, November.
More about this item
Keywordsbi-polarization; income sources; inequality; Luxembourg; polarization; Shapley decomposition procedure;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:201322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.