Unit Consistency And Bipolarization Of Income Distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ma Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia & Henar Diez, 2008. "Unit-consistency and polarization of income distributions," Working Papers 100, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudio Zoli, 2012. "Characterizing Inequality Equivalence Criteria," Working Papers 32/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Joan Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2004.
"Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1737-1772, November.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Debraj Ray & Joan Esteban, 2002. "Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation," LIS Working papers 335, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Esteban, Joan & Ray, Debraj, 2003. "Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation," Cahiers de recherche 0301, CIRPEE.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2003. "Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation," Working Papers 46, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Wang, You-Qiang & Tsui, Kai-Yuen, 2000. " Polarization Orderings and New Classes of Polarization Indices," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 2(3), pages 349-363.
- Barua, Rana & Chakravarty, Satya R. & Roy, Sonali, 2006. "On the Coleman indices of voting power," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, pages 273-289.
- Claudio Zoli, "undated". "A Surplus Sharing Approach to the Measurement of Inequality," Discussion Papers 98/25, Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2007:i:36:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Esteban, Joan & Ray, Debraj, 1994.
"On the Measurement of Polarization,"
Econometric Society, pages 819-851.
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 1991. "On the Measurement of Polarization," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 18, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Esteban, J. & Ray, D., 1993. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 221.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Esteban, J.M. & Ray, D., 1992. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 171.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Amita Majumder & Sonali Roy, 2007. "A Treatment Of Absolute Indices Of Polarization," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 58(2), pages 273-293.
- Tateo Yoshida, 2005. "Social welfare rankings of income distributions A new parametric concept of intermediate inequality," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 24(3), pages 557-574, June.
- repec:jid:journl:y:2006:v:15:i:i:p:42-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolfson, Michael C, 1994. "When Inequalities Diverge," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 353-358.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1995. "Did the middle class shrink during the 1980s? UK evidence from kernel density estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 407-413, October.
- Buhong Zheng, 2007.
"Unit-Consistent Poverty Indices,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 113-142.
- GHOSAL, Sayantan & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M., "undated". "Exchange and optimality," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1389, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- S. Ghosal & Heracles M. Polemarchakis, 1996. "Exchange and Optimality," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1133, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- GHOSAL, Sayantan & POLEMARCHAKIS , Heracles, 1994. "Exchange and Optimality," CORE Discussion Papers 1994072, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- X. Zhang & R. Kanbur, 2001.
"What Difference Do Polarisation Measures Make? An Application to China,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 85-98.
- Zhang, Siao-Bo & Kanbur, Ravi, 1999. "What Difference Do Polarization Measures Make? An Application To China," Working Papers 7224, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Wolfson, Michael C, 1997. "Divergent Inequalities: Theory and Empirical Results," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, pages 401-421.
- Chakravarty, Satya R & Majumder, Amita, 2001. "Inequality, Polarisation and Welfare: Theory and Applications," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Conchita D'Ambrosio, 2010. "Polarization Orderings Of Income Distributions," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(1), pages 47-64, March.
- Joe C. Davis & John H. Huston, 1992. "The Shrinking Middle-Income Class: A Multivariate Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 277-285, Summer.
- Buhong Zheng, 2007. "Unit-Consistent Decomposable Inequality Measures," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 97-111, February.
- Ma Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Marta Urrutia, 2006. "An Alternative Formulation of the Esteban-Gradín-Ray Extended Measure of Polarization," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, pages 42-54.
- Pfingsten, Andreas, 1986. "Distributionally-neutral tax changes for different inequality concepts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 385-393.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabio Clementi & Francesco Schettino, 2013.
"Income polarization in Brazil, 2001-2011: A distributional analysis using PNAD data,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 1796-1815.
- Clementi, F. & Schettino, F., 2013. "Income polarization in Brazil, 2001-2011: A distributional analysis using PNAD data," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149891, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Marek Kosny & Gaston Yalonetzky, 2016. "Relative p-bipolarisation measurement with generalised means and hybrid Lorenz curves," Working Papers 404, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Brunori, Paolo & Ferreira, Francisco & Lugo, Maria Ana & Peragine, Vito, 2013.
"Opportunity-sensitive poverty measurement,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6728, The World Bank.
- Gaston Yalonetzky, 2013. "Relative bipolarization quasi-ordering based on Between-Group Gini (BGG) curves," Working Papers 318, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Brunori, Paolo & Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lugo, Maria Ana & Peragine, Vito, 2013. "Opportunity-Sensitive Poverty Measurement," IZA Discussion Papers 7818, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mauro Mussini & Biancamaria Zavanella, 2015. "Measuring bipolarization in labour productivity in Italy: a new index and its decomposition by sectors and regional factors," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, pages 29-55.
- Gaston Yalonetzky, 2014. "Relative bipolarization Lorenz curve," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(2), pages 1103-1113.
- Gaston Yalonetzky, 2016. "The necessary requirement of median independence for relative bipolarisation measurement," Working Papers 420, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nora Lustig, 2016.
"Fiscal Policy, Inequality and the Poor in the Developing World,"
1612, Tulane University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2017.
- Gaston Yalonetzky, 2016. "The benchmark of maximum relative bipolarisation," Working Papers 419, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nora Lustig, 2016. "Fiscal Policy, Inequality and the Poor in the Developing World," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 23, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Satya Chakravarty & Bhargav Maharaj, 2012. "Ethnic polarization orderings and indices," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 7(1), pages 99-123, May.
More about this item
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:revinw:v:56:y:2010:i:1:p:65-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iariwea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.