Relative bipolarization quasi-ordering based on Between-Group Gini (BGG) curves
This note proposes a relative bipolarization quasi-ordering based on Between-Group Gini (BGG) curves, which is consistent with the quasi-ordering generated by relative bipolarization indices satisfying key axioms. Therefore the quasi-ordering induced by BGG curves is identical to the one induced by relative bipolarization curves (the secondorder curves in Foster and Wolfson (2010)). An appealing trait of BGG curves is their intuitive and straightforward representation of relative bipolarization situations, including minimum and maximum bipolarization, as well as any intermediate situation of perfect bimodality.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ecineq.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacques SILBER & Meital Hanoka & Joseph Deutsch, 2007. "On the Link Between the Concepts of Kurtosis and Bipolarization," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(36), pages 1-6.
- Joan Esteban & Carlos Gradín & Debraj Ray, 2007. "An Extension of a Measure of Polarization, with an application to the income distribution of five OECD countries," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Ma Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia & Henar Diez, 2008.
"Unit-consistency and polarization of income distributions,"
100, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- M-super-a Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia & Henar Díez, 2010. "Unit Consistency And Bipolarization Of Income Distributions," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(1), pages 65-83, 03.
- Lambert, Peter J & Aronson, J Richard, 1993. "Inequality Decomposition Analysis and the Gini Coefficient Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1221-27, September.
- James Foster & Michael Wolfson, 2010. "Polarization and the decline of the middle class: Canada and the U.S," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 247-273, June.
- BOSSERT, Walter & SCHWORM, William, 2007.
"A Class of Two-Group Polarization Measures,"
Cahiers de recherche
10-2007, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Bossert, Walter & Schworm, William, 2007. "A Class of Two-Group Polarization Measures," Cahiers de recherche 2007-09, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Walter Bossert & William Schworm, 2007. "A Class of Two-Group Polarization Measures," Discussion Papers 2007-34, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2007:i:36:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Conchita D'Ambrosio, 2010. "Polarization Orderings Of Income Distributions," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(1), pages 47-64, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2013-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.