Sustainable profitability of ethical and conventional banking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Freixas, Xavier & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998.
"Fair pricing of deposit insurance. Is it possible? Yes. Is it desirable? No,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 217-232, September.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean Charles Rochet, 1995. "Fair pricing of deposit insurance. Is it possible? Yes. Is it desirable? No," Economics Working Papers 130, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1995.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:1:p:-:d:62004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bertrand Moingeon & Muhammad Yunus & Laurence Lehmann-Ortega, 2010. "Building Social Business Models: Lessons from the Grameen Experience," Post-Print hal-00528385, HAL.
- Dominik Dienes & Patrick Velte, 2016. "The Impact of Supervisory Board Composition on CSR Reporting. Evidence from the German Two-Tier System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-20, January.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:1:p:63:d:62004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoje Jo & Yongtae Kim, 2008. "Ethics and Disclosure: A Study of the Financial Performance of Firms in the Seasoned Equity Offerings Market," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(4), pages 855-878, July.
- David Canning & Clifford W. Jefferson & John E. Spencer, 2003.
"Optimal Credit Rationing in Not-For-Profit Financial Institutions,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(1), pages 243-261, February.
- David Canning & Clifford W. Jefferson & John E. Spencer, 1999. "Optimal Credit Rationing in Not-For-Profit Financial Institutions," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1866, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2009. "Bank governance, regulation and risk taking," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 259-275, August.
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility: International Perspectives," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0604, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Bittencourt, Manoel, 2012.
"Financial development and economic growth in Latin America: Is Schumpeter right?,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 341-355.
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2010. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Latin America: Is Schumpeter Right?," Working Papers 191, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Bittencourt, Manoel, 2011. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Latin America: Is Schumpeter Right?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 13, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Leire San-Jose & Jose Retolaza & Jorge Gutierrez-Goiria, 2011. "Are Ethical Banks Different? A Comparative Analysis Using the Radical Affinity Index," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 151-173, April.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- Renneboog, Luc & Ter Horst, Jenke & Zhang, Chendi, 2008. "The price of ethics and stakeholder governance: The performance of socially responsible mutual funds," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 302-322, June.
- Md. Abdul Kaium Masud & Seong Mi Bae & Jong Dae Kim, 2017. "Analysis of Environmental Accounting and Reporting Practices of Listed Banking Companies in Bangladesh," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-19, September.
- Meehyang Chang & Han-Byeol Jang & Yi-Mei Li & Daecheol Kim, 2017. "The Relationship between the Efficiency, Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction for State-Owned Commercial Banks in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-15, November.
- Benjamin Richardson, 2009. "Keeping Ethical Investment Ethical: Regulatory Issues for Investing for Sustainability," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(4), pages 555-572, July.
- Juan Pineiro-Chousa & Marcos Vizcaíno-González & María Ángeles López-Cabarcos & Noelia Romero-Castro, 2017. "Managing Reputational Risk through Environmental Management and Reporting: An Options Theory Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Andrea Pérez & Ignacio Rodríguez del Bosque, 2012. "The Role of CSR in the Corporate Identity of Banking Service Providers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(2), pages 145-166, June.
- Sadok El Ghoul & Omrane Guedhami & Yongtae Kim, 2017. "Country-level institutions, firm value, and the role of corporate social responsibility initiatives," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(3), pages 360-385, April.
- Liyin Shen & Chenyang Shuai & Liudan Jiao & Yongtao Tan & Xiangnan Song, 2016. "A Global Perspective on the Sustainable Performance of Urbanization," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-16, August.
- Brickley, James A. & Smith Jr., Clifford W. & Zimmerman, Jerold L., 2002. "Business ethics and organizational architecture," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1821-1835, September.
- Richard Macve & Xiaoli Chen, 2010. "The “equator principles”: a success for voluntary codes?," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(7), pages 890-919, September.
- Nazim Hussain & Ugo Rigoni & René P. Orij, 2018. "Corporate Governance and Sustainability Performance: Analysis of Triple Bottom Line Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 149(2), pages 411-432, May.
- Tatiana Zalan & Elissar Toufaily, 2017. "The Promise of Fintech in Emerging Markets: Not as Disruptive," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 11(4), December.
- Boon Cheong Chew & Lay Hong Tan & Syaiful Rizal Hamid, 2016. "Ethical banking in practice: a closer look at the Co-operative Bank UK PLC," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 70-91, February.
- Teodora Barbu & Georgeta Vintila, 2007. "The Emergence of Ethic Banks and Social Responsibility in Financing Local Development," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 12(12(517)), pages 29-34, December.
- Finger, Maya & Gavious, Ilanit & Manos, Ronny, 2018. "Environmental risk management and financial performance in the banking industry: A cross-country comparison," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 240-261.
- David P. Baron, 2009. "A Positive Theory of Moral Management, Social Pressure, and Corporate Social Performance," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 7-43, March.
- Glen Dowell & Stuart Hart & Bernard Yeung, 2000. "Do Corporate Global Environmental Standards Create or Destroy Market Value?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1059-1074, August.
- Yue Ma & De Liu, 2017. "Introduction to the special issue on Crowdfunding and FinTech," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 3(1), pages 1-4, December.
- Nandy, Monomita & Lodh, Suman, 2012. "Do banks value the eco-friendliness of firms in their corporate lending decision? Some empirical evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 83-93.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Syed Alamdar Ali Shah, 2019. "Integration Of Financial Risks With Non Financial Risks: An Exploratory Study From Pakistani Context," Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 8(2), pages 49-65.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wyz:journl:id:557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin W. Staniewski, Ph.D.). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vizjapl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.