School choice, racial segregation, and test-score gaps: Evidence from North Carolina's charter school program*
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henry M. Levin, 1998. "Educational vouchers: Effectiveness, choice, and costs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 373-392.
- Tim R. Sass, 2006. "Charter Schools and Student Achievement in Florida," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 91-122, January.
- William G. Howell & Patrick J. Wolf & David E. Campbell & Paul E. Peterson, 2002. "School vouchers and academic performance: results from three randomized field trials," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 191-217.
- William G. Howell, 2004. "Dynamic selection effects in means-tested, urban school voucher programs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 225-250.
- Neal, Derek, 1997. "The Effects of Catholic Secondary Schooling on Educational Achievement," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 98-123, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:55:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0632-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singleton, John, 2017. "Incentives and the Supply of Effective Charter Schools," MPRA Paper 83532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2009.
"Harming the best: How schools affect the black-white achievement gap,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(3), pages 366-393.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2008. "Harming the Best: How Schools Affect the Black-White Achievement Gap," NBER Working Papers 14211, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunner, Eric J. & Cho, Sung-Woo & Reback, Randall, 2012. "Mobility, housing markets, and schools: Estimating the effects of inter-district choice programs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(7), pages 604-614.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:23-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fip:fedhep:00026 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carruthers, Celeste K., 2012. "New schools, new students, new teachers: Evaluating the effectiveness of charter schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 280-292.
- Anil Nathan, 2015. "Sorting and Statistical Discrimination in Schools," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 43(2), pages 271-287, June.
- Anil Nathan, 2009. "Sorting and Statistical Discrimination in Schools: An Analysis Using the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health," Working Papers 0905, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Dennis Epple & Richard Romano & Ron Zimmer, 2015. "Charter Schools: A Survey of Research on Their Characteristics and Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 21256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard O. Welsh & Matthew Duque & Andrew McEachin, 2016. "School Choice, Student Mobility, and School Quality: Evidence from post-Katrina New Orleans," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 11(2), pages 150-176, Spring.
- Robert Bifulco & Helen F. Ladd & Stephen Ross, 2007.
"Public School Choice and Integration: Evidence from Durham, North Carolina,"
2007-41, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2008.
- Robert Bifulco & Helen F. Ladd & Stephen Ross, 2008. "Public School Choice and Integration: Evidence from Durham, North Carolina," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 109, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Alves, Fatima & Elacqua, Gregory & Koslinki, Mariane & Martinez, Matias & Santos, Humberto & Urbina, Daniela, 2015. "Winners and losers of school choice: Evidence from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Santiago, Chile," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 25-34.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:26:y:2007:i:1:p:31-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.