Parents, public policy, and youth smoking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John A. Tauras & Patrick M. O'Malley & Lloyd D. Johnston, 2001. "Effects of Price and Access Laws on Teenage Smoking Initiation: A National Longitudinal Analysis," NBER Working Papers 8331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Chris Ryan & Ana Sartbayeva, 2009.
"Taking Chances: The Effect of Growing Up on Welfare on the Risky Behaviour of Young People,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
604, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Ryan, Chris & Sartbayeva, Anastasia, 2009. "Taking Chances: The Effect of Growing Up on Welfare on the Risky Behavior of Young People," IZA Discussion Papers 4095, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maria L. Loureiro & Anna Sanz-de-Galdeano & Daniela Vuri, 2010.
"Smoking Habits: Like Father, Like Son, Like Mother, Like Daughter?,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(6), pages 717-743, December.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna & Vuri, Daniela, 2006. "Smoking Habits: Like Father, Like Son, Like Mother, Like Daughter," IZA Discussion Papers 2279, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maria Loureiro & Anna Sanz-de-Galdeano & Daniela Vuri, 2009. "Smoking Habits: Like Father, Like Son, Like Mother, Like Daughter," Working Papers 402, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Maria L. Loureiro & Anna Sanz-de-Galdeano & Daniela Vuri, 2009. "Smoking Habits: Like Father, Like Son, Like Mother, Like Daughter," CESifo Working Paper Series 2782, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Ahmed Jaber & Dean R. Lillard, 2013. "The Inter-generational and Social Transmission of Cultural Traits: Theory and Evidence from Smoking Behavior," NBER Working Papers 19304, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philipp Huebler & Andreas Kucher, 2016. "Ashes to ashes, time to time - Parental time discounting and its role in the intergenerational transmission of smoking," Discussion Paper Series 326, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Carpenter, Christopher & Cook, Philip J., 2008. "Cigarette taxes and youth smoking: New evidence from national, state, and local Youth Risk Behavior Surveys," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 287-299, March.
- Zhao, Meng & Konishi, Yoshifumi & Glewwe, Paul, 2012. "Does smoking affect schooling? Evidence from teenagers in rural China," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 584-598.
- Edoka, I.P., 2012. "Decomposing Differences in Cotinine Distribution between Children and Adolescents from Different Socioeconomic Backgrounds," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ali Mir M., 2012. "Social Learning Theory, Cigarette Taxes and Adolescent Smoking Behavior," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(6), pages 633-651, December.
- Kathryn H. Anderson & James E. Foster & David E. Frisvold, 2010.
"Investing In Health: The Long-Term Impact Of Head Start On Smoking,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 587-602, July.
- James E. Foster & Kathryn H. Anderson & David E. Frisvold, 2008. "Investing in Health: The Long-Term Impact of Head Start on Smoking," Working Papers 2010-25, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Mathias Huebener, 2017. "Intergenerational Effects of Education on Risky Health Behaviours and Long-Term Health," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1709, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Craig A. Gallet & Gary A. Hoover & Junsoo Lee, 2009. "The Determinants Of Laws Restricting Youth Access To Tobacco," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(1), pages 16-27, January.
- Christopher Carpenter & Philip J. Cook, 2007. "Cigarette Taxes and Youth Smoking: New Evidence from National, State, & Local Youth Risk Behavior Surveys," NBER Working Papers 13046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:24:y:2005:i:1:p:93-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.