The politics and economics of auction design in the market for sulfur dioxide pollution
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James M. Verdier, 1984. "Advising congressional decision-makers: Guidelines for economists," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(3), pages 421-438.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1996.
"Pollution permits and compliance strategies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 85-125, October.
- J-J. Laffont & J. Tirole, 1994. "Pollution Permits and Compliance Strategies," Working papers 95-9, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Laffont, J.J. & Tirole, J., 1995. "Pollution Permits and Compliance Strategies," Papers 95.395, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Pollution Permits and Compliance Strategies," IDEI Working Papers 39, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dallas Burtraw & Keneth Harrison & Paul Turner, 1998. "Improving Efficiency in Bilateral Emission Trading," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(1), pages 19-33, January.
- Shobe, William & Holt, Charles & Huetteman, Thaddeus, 2014.
"Elements of emission market design: An experimental analysis of California's market for greenhouse gas allowances,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 402-420.
- Charles A. Holt & William M. Shobe, 2013. "Banking and price containment in the California greenhouse gas emissions market: an experimental analysis of market design," Working Papers 2013-01, Center for Economic and Policy Studies.
- William M. Shobe & Charles A. Holt & Thaddeus Huetteman, 2014. "Elements of emission market design: an experimental analysis of California's market for greenhouse gas allowances," Working Papers 2014-01, Center for Economic and Policy Studies.
- Reimund Schwarze & Peter Zapfel, 2000. "Sulfur Allowance Trading and the Regional Clean Air Incentives Market: A Comparative Design Analysis of two Major Cap-and-Trade Permit Programs?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 17(3), pages 279-298, November.
- Ben-David, Shaul & Brookshire, David S. & Burness, Stuart & McKee, Michael & Schmidt, Christian, 1999. "Heterogeneity, Irreversible Production Choices, and Efficiency in Emission Permit Markets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 176-194, September.
- Paul L. Joskow & Richard Schmalensee & Elizabeth M. Bailey, 1996. "Auction Design and the Market for Sulfur Dioxide Emissions," NBER Working Papers 5745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen, 2003. "The Paparazzi Take a Look at a Living Legend: The SO2 Cap-and-Trade Program for Power Plants in the United States," Discussion Papers dp-03-15, Resources For the Future.
- Schaltegger, Stefan & Thomas, Tom, 1996. "Pollution added credit trading (PACT): New dimensions in emissions trading," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 35-53, October.
- Hahn, Robert W., 2000. "The Impact of Economics on Environmental Policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 375-399, May.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen L., 2003. "The Paparazzi Take a Look at a Living Legend: The SO2 Cap-and-Trade Program for Power Plants in the United States," Discussion Papers 10665, Resources for the Future.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:337-344 is not listed on IDEAS
- Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard & Christensen, Jan Lien, 1999. "The US SO2 auction: analysis and generalization," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 403-416, October.
- Shaul Ben-David & David Brookshire & Stuart Burness & Michael McKee & Christian Schmidt, 2000. "Attitudes toward Risk and Compliance in Emission Permit Markets," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 590-600.
- Pezzey, John C.V., 2001. "Distributing the Value of a Country’s Tradeable Carbon Permits," 2001 Conference (45th), January 23-25, 2001, Adelaide, Australia 125832, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Schwarze, Reimund & Zapfel, Peter, 1998. "Sulfur allowance trading and the regional clean air incentives market: How similar are the programs really?," MPRA Paper 52751, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Nov 1999.
- Brookshire, David S & Burness, H Stuart, 2001. "The Informational Role of the EPA SO2 Permit Auction," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 43-60, July.
- Abeygunawardena, P & Barba, Ricardo, 2000. "Emission Trading as a Tool for Environmental Management," Sri Lankan Journal of Agricultural Economics, Sri Lanka Agricultural Economics Association (SAEA), vol. 0, pages 1-23.
- Joskow, Paul L & Schmalensee, Richard, 1998. "The Political Economy of Market-Based Environmental Policy: The U.S. Acid Rain Program," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 37-83, April.
- Richard J. Mccann, 1996. "Environmental Commodities Markets: 'Messy' Versus 'Ideal' Worlds," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 85-97, July.
- Tietenberg, Tom, 1998. "Ethical influences on the evolution of the US tradable permit approach to air pollution control," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 241-257, February.
- Zhang, Zhong Xiang, 1999. "Should the rules of allocating emissions permits be harmonised?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 11-18, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:11:y:1992:i:4:p:553-572. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.