New approaches to children and development: Introduction and overview
Until recently, children as social actors have been largely invisible in development policy and practice, leading to disbenefits and lost opportunities both for children themselves and for the communities and societies in which they live. This paper provides an overview of the factors which have led to this situation, explores the impact of orthodox approaches on policy and practice, and lays out a preliminary agenda for future research and reform.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 8 (1996)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Jolly, Richard & Stewart, Frances (ed.), 1987. "Adjustment with a Human Face: Volume 1, Protecting the Vulnerable and Promoting Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286097, March.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Hoddinott, John, 1994. "Women's income and boy-girl anthropometric status in the Cote d'Ivoire," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 543-553, April.
- Jo Boyden & William Myers, 1995. "Exploring Alternative Approaches to Combating Child Labour: Case studies from developing countries," Papers iopcrs95/4, Innocenti Occasional Papers, Child Rights Series.
- Jo Boyden, 1994. "The Relationship between Education and Child Work," Papers iopcrs94/3, Innocenti Occasional Papers, Child Rights Series.
- Moore, H., 1994. "Is There a Crisis in the Family?," Papers 3, United Nations - Research Institute of Social Development.
- Katz, Elizabeth G., 1995. "Gender and trade within the household: Observations from rural guatemala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 327-342, February.
- Roger A. Hart, 1992. "Children's Participation: From tokenism to citizenship," Papers inness92/6, Innocenti Essay.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:8:y:1996:i:6:p:813-827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.