Central Bank transformation in a globalized world: the Reserve Bank in post-apartheid South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yelena Kalyuzhnova & George Tridimas, 1998. "Central banking in post-socialist economies: Introduction," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 639-641.
- Lionel Price, 1998. "The responsibilities of central banks in the transition economies," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 643-657.
- Christopher Cramer, 2000. "Inequality, Development and Economic Correctness," Working Papers 105, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994. "How independent should a central bank be?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 195-225.
- Stanners, W, 1993. "Is Low Inflation an Important Condition for High Growth?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 79-107, March.
- Habib, Adam & Padayachee, Vishnu, 2000. "Economic Policy and Power Relations in South Africa's Transition to Democracy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 245-263, February.
- Walsh, Carl E, 1995. "Optimal Contracts for Central Bankers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 150-167, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonce Ndikumana, 2008.
"Can macroeconomic policy stimulate private investment in South Africa? New insights from aggregate and manufacturing sector-level evidence,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 869-887.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2005. "Can macroeconomic policy stimulate private investment in South Africa? New insights from aggregate and manufacturing sector-level evidence," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2005. "Can Macroeconomic Policy Stimulate Private Investment in South Africa? New Insights from Aggregate and Manufacturing Sector-Level Evidence," Working Papers wp106, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Bonga-Bonga, Lumengo & Lebese, Ntsakeseni Letitia, 2016. "Rethinking the current inflation target range in South Africa," MPRA Paper 73912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Crowe, Christopher, 2008.
"Goal independent central banks: Why politicians decide to delegate,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 748-762, December.
- Christopher W. Crowe, 2006. "Goal-Independent Central Banks; Why Politicians Decide to Delegate," IMF Working Papers 06/256, International Monetary Fund.
- Jannie Rossouw & Vishnu Padayachee, 2009. "Measuring Inflation Credibility: Results Of A First Representative South African Sample," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(2), pages 314-331, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:13:y:2001:i:6:p:741-765. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .