Competition and supplier-induced demand in a health care system with fixed fees
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Birch, Stephen, 1988. "The identification of supplier-inducement in a fixed price system of health care provision : The case of dentistry in the United Kingdom," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 129-150, June.
- Cromwell, Jerry & Mitchell, Janet B., 1986. "Physician-induced demand for surgery," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 293-313, December.
- Kathryn M. Langwell, 1982. "Factors Affecting the Incomes of Men and Women Physicians: Further Explorations," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(2), pages 261-275.
- Stano, Miron, 1985. "An analysis of the evidence on competition in the physician services markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 197-211, September.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1978. "The Supply of Surgeons and the Demand for Operations," NBER Working Papers 0236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dranove, David & Wehner, Paul, 1994. "Physician-induced demand for childbirths," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 61-73, March.
- Fredrik Carlsen & Jostein Grytten, 1998. "More physicians: improved availability or induced demand?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 495-508.
- Grytten, Jostein & Carlsen, Fredrik & Sorensen, Rune, 1995. "Supplier inducement in a public health care system," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 207-229, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jostein Grytten & Fredrik Carlsen & Irene Skau, 2008. "Primary physicians’ response to changes in fees," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 9(2), pages 117-125, May.
- Sauerland, Dirk, 2001. "The German strategy for quality improvement in health care: still to improve," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 127-147, May.
- Léonard, Christian & Stordeur, Sabine & Roberfroid, Dominique, 2009. "Association between physician density and health care consumption: A systematic review of the evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 121-134, July.
- Sorensen, Rune J. & Grytten, Jostein, 2003. "Service production and contract choice in primary physician services," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 73-93, October.
- Schaumans, Catherine, 2015.
"Prescribing behavior of General Practitioners: Competition matters,"
Elsevier, vol. 119(4), pages 456-463.
- Schaumans, C.B.C., 2014. "Prescribing Behavior of General Practitioners : Competition Matters!," Discussion Paper 2014-025, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Schaumans, C.B.C., 2014. "Prescribing Behavior of General Practitioners : Competition Matters!," Discussion Paper 2014-014, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Jostein Grytten & Rune Sørensen, 2000. "Competition and dental services," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 447-461.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:122:y:2018:i:2:p:140-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Schmid, 2015.
"Consumer Health Information and the Demand for Physician Visits,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(12), pages 1619-1631, December.
- Christian Schmid, 2013. "Identification of Supplier-induced Demand What kind of consumer information matters?," Diskussionsschriften dp1301, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Eric Delattre & Brigitte Dormont, 2003. "Fixed fees and physician-induced demand: A panel data study on French physicians," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(9), pages 741-754.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008.
"Policy Analysis in the Health-Services Market: Accounting for Quality and Quantity,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305309, HAL.
- Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune, 2007. "Primary physician services--List size and primary physicians' service production," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 721-741, July.
- Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune, 2003. "Practice variation and physician-specific effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 403-418, May.
- Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune, 2001. "Type of contract and supplier-induced demand for primary physicians in Norway," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 379-393, May.
- Shinya Sugawara & Jiro Nakamura, 2014. "Incentive for Gatekeepers and Their Demand Inducement: An Empirical Analysis of Care Managers in the Japanese Long-Term Care Insurance," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-916, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:8:y:1999:i:6:p:497-508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.