Practice variation and physician-specific effects
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fredrik Carlsen & Jostein Grytten, 1998. "More physicians: improved availability or induced demand?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 495-508.
- Westert, Gert P. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Groenewegen, Peter P., 1993. "Variation in duration of hospital stay between hospitals and between doctors within hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 833-839, September.
- Folland, Sherman & Stano, Miron, 1989. "Sources of small area variations in the use of medical care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 85-107, March.
- Stano, Miron, 1993. "Evaluating the policy role of the small area variations and physician practice style hypotheses," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 9-17, April.
- Wennberg, John E. & Barnes, Benjamin A. & Zubkoff, Michael, 1982. "Professional uncertainty and the problem of supplier-induced demand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 811-824, January.
- Rune J. Sørensen & Jostein Grytten, 1999. "Competition and supplier-induced demand in a health care system with fixed fees," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 497-508.
- Jostein Grytten & Fredrik Carlsen & Irene Skau, 2001. "The income effect and supplier induced demand. Evidence from primary physician services in Norway," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(11), pages 1455-1467.
- Charles E. Phelps, 1992. "Diffusion of Information in Medical Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 23-42, Summer.
- Charles E. Phelps, 1995. "Perspectives in health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(5), pages 335-353, 09.
- Stano, Miron, 1985. "An analysis of the evidence on competition in the physician services markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 197-211, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:22:y:2003:i:3:p:403-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.