Primary Physicians’ Response to Changes in Fees
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Fredrik Carlsen & Jostein Grytten, 1998. "More physicians: improved availability or induced demand?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 495-508.
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 7-63, March.
- Jeremiah Hurley & Roberta Labelle, 1995.
"Relative fees and the utilization of physicians' services in Canada,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(6), pages 419-438, November.
- J Hurley & R Labelle, 1994. "Relative Fees and the Utilization of Physicians' Services in Canada," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 1994-06, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Grytten, Jostein & Carlsen, Fredrik & Sorensen, Rune, 1995. "Supplier inducement in a public health care system," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 207-229, June.
- J Hurley & R Labelle & T Rice, 1990. "The Relationship Between Physician Fees and the Utilization of Medical Services in Ontario," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 1990-04, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen, 1996. "Physician volume response to price controls," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 189-204, February.
- Rune J. Sørensen & Jostein Grytten, 1999. "Competition and supplier-induced demand in a health care system with fixed fees," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 497-508.
- Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune, 2003. "Practice variation and physician-specific effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 403-418, May.
- Jon Gruber & John Kim & Dina Mayzlin, 1998. "Physician Fees and Procedure Intensity: The Case of Cesarean Delivery," NBER Working Papers 6744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sorensen, Rune J. & Grytten, Jostein, 2003. "Service production and contract choice in primary physician services," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 73-93, October.
- Jostein Grytten & Fredrik Carlsen & Irene Skau, 2001. "The income effect and supplier induced demand. Evidence from primary physician services in Norway," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(11), pages 1455-1467.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.71.4.370_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fredrik Carlsen & Jostein Grytten & Irene Skau, 2003. "Financial incentives and the supply of laboratory tests," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 4(4), pages 279-285, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pablo Cos & Enrique Moral-Benito, 2014. "Determinants of health-system efficiency: evidence from OECD countries," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 69-93, March.
- Andreassen, Leif & Di Tommaso, Maria Laura & Strøm, Steinar, 2013.
"Do medical doctors respond to economic incentives?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 392-409.
- Andreassen Leif & Di Tommaso Maria Laura & Strom Steinar, 2012. "Do medical doctors respond to economic incentives?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201206, University of Turin.
- Andreassen, Leif & Di Tomasso, Maria Laura & Strøm, Steinar, 2012. "Do Medical Doctors Respond to Economic Incentives?," Memorandum 32/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Leif Andreassen & Maria Laura Di Tommaso & Steinar StrÃ¸m, 2012. "Do Medical Doctors Respond to Economic Incentives?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3802, CESifo Group Munich.
- Siri Munkerud, 2012. "Decision-making in general practice: the effect of financial incentives on the use of laboratory analyses," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(2), pages 169-180, April.
- Grytten, Jostein & Carlsen, Fredrik & Skau, Irene, 2009.
"Services production and patient satisfaction in primary care,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 312-321, March.
- Fredrik Carlsen & Jostein Grytten & Irene Skau, 2007. "Service Production and Patient Satisfaction in Primary Care," Working Paper Series 9107, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
More about this item
KeywordsPrimary physicians; consultations; fees; income effect;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nst:samfok:8206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilde Saxi Gildberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isontno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.