Food consumption and demographics in Japan: Implications for an aging population
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mauricio V. L. Bittencourt & Ratapol P. Teratanavat & Wen S. Chern, 2005. "Food Consumption and Demographics in Japan: Implications for an Aging Population," Working Papers 0026, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-987, December.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Costas Meghir, 1994.
"Consumer Demand and the Life-Cycle Allocation of Household Expenditures,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 57-80.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Costas Meghir, 1993. "Consumer demand and the life-cycle allocation of household expenditures," IFS Working Papers W93/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Martin Browning & Thomas F. Crossley, 2001.
"The Life-Cycle Model of Consumption and Saving,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 3-22, Summer.
- Martin Browning & Thomas F. Crossley, 2000. "The Life Cycle Model of Consumption and Saving," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 28, McMaster University.
- Martin Browning & Thomas Crossley, 2001. "The life-cycle model of consumption and saving," IFS Working Papers W01/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Deaton, Angus S & Paxson, Christina H, 1998. "Aging and Inequality in Income and Health," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 248-253, May.
- Tokoyama, Yuki & Takagi, Shingo & Ishibashi, Kimiko & Chern, Wen S., 2002. "Recent Food Consumption Pattern Of Japanese Households: Driving Forces Behind Westernization," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19712, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Rafael Cortez & Ben Senauer, 1996.
"Taste Changes in the Demand for Food by Demographic Groups in the United States: A Nonparametric Empirical Analysis,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 280-289.
- Cortez, Rafael & Senauer, Benjamin, 1994. "Taste Changes In The Demand For Food By Demographic Groups In The United States: A Nonparametric Empirical Analysis," Staff Papers 14091, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 2000. "Growth and Saving Among Individuals and Households," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 212-225, May.
- Martin Browning, 1987. "Eating, Drinking, Smoking, and Testing the Lifecycle Hypothesis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 329-345.
- Browning, Martin & Hansen, Lars Peter & Heckman, James J., 1999. "Micro data and general equilibrium models," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 543-633 Elsevier.
- Frank Asche & Cathy R. Wessells, 1997. "On Price Indices in the Almost Ideal Demand System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1182-1185.
- Taniguchi, Kiyoshi & Chern, Wen S., 2000. "Income Elasticity Of Rice Demand In Japan And Its Implications: Cross-Sectional Data Analysis," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21755, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chalfant, James A & Alston, Julian M, 1988. "Accounting for Changes in Tastes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 391-410, April.
- Aaron J. Johnson & Catherine A. Durham & Cathy R. Wessells, 1998. "Seasonality in Japanese household demand for meat and seafood," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 337-351.
- Wen S. Chern & Kimiko Ishibashi & Kiyoshi Taniguchi & Yuki Tokoyama, 2002. "Analysis of Food Consumption Behavior by Japanese Households," Working Papers 02-06, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1981. "Demographic Variables in Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1533-1551, November.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1980. "Comparison of the Quadratic Expenditure System and Translog Demand Systems with Alternative Specifications of Demographic Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 595-612, April.
- Singh, Balvir & Drost, Helmar & Kumar, Ramesh C, 1978. "An Empirical Evaluation of the Relative, the Permanent Income, and the Life-Cycle Hypotheses," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 281-305, January.
- Blundell, Richard & Walker, Ian, 1984. "A Household Production Specification of Demographic Variables in Demand Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 59-68, Supplemen.
- Davis, Carlton George & Moussie, M. & Dinning, J.S. & Christakis, G.J., 1983. "Socioeconomic Determinants Of Food Expenditure Patterns Among Racially Different Low-Income Households: An Empirical Analysis," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 8(02), December.
- Kenneth C. Gehrt & Soyeon Shim, 1999. "The magnitude and nature of situational influence on Japanese snacking: The role of fruit," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 119-136.
- Yasuhito Watanabe & Nobuhiro Suzuki & Harry M. Kaiser, 1999. "Predicting Japanese dairy consumption behavior using qualitative survey data," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 71-79.
- Mori, Hiroshi & Lowe, Everett G., III & Clason, Dennis L. & Gorman, William D., 2000. "Cohort Analysis Of Food Consumption: A Case Of Rapidly Changing Japanese Consumption," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 3(02).
- Yasuhito Watanabe & Nobuhiro Suzuki & Harry M. Kaiser, 1997. "Identifying consumer characteristics associated with Japanese preferences toward milk products," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 357-363.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1989. "Nesting the AIDS and Translog Demand System," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 349-356, May.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Junko Kinoshita & Nobuhiro Suzuki & Tamotsu Kawamura & Yasuhito Watanabe & Harry M. Kaiser, 2001. "Estimating own and cross brand price elasticities, and price-cost margin ratios using store-level daily scanner data," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 515-525.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meng, Ting & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Sarpong, Daniel B. & Chinnan, Manjeet S. & Resurreccion, Anna V.A., 2014. "Consumerâ€™s Food Shopping Choice in Ghana: Supermarket or Traditional Outlets?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(A).
- Meng, Ting & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Ibrahim, Mohammed, 2012. "Food Expenditures and Income in Rural Households in the Northern Region of Ghana," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124638, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:23:y:2007:i:4:p:529-551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.