Unilateral reforms, trade blocs, and law of one price: MERCOSUR rice markets
The current study tests for the law of one price (LOP) in MERCOSUR rice markets and between the MERCOSUR and major rice exporters in the light of recent Argentinean and Brazilian unilateral reforms and regional integration. Johansen's multivariate cointegration testing procedures support the existence of the LOP in both instances in the post- (but not the pre-) unilateral reform and regional integration period. This is consistent with the notion that bloc and nonbloc members can both enjoy the benefits of unilateral reforms by a bloc member when the external bloc tariff is not prohibitive. © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Delpachitra, S. B. & Hill, R. L. St, 1994. "The law of one price: a test based on prices for selected inputs in New Zealand agriculture," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(3), May.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1991.
"The move toward free trade zones,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-58.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1991. "The move toward free trade zones," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Nov, pages 5-25.
- Delpachitra, S. B. & St Hill, R. L., 1994. "The law of one price: a test based on prices for selected inputs in New Zealand agriculture," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 297-305, May.
- Michael, Panos & Nobay, A Robert & Peel, David, 1994. "Purchasing power parity yet again: evidence from spatially separated commodity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 637-657, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:14:y:1998:i:3:p:183-198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.